Official STEAM discussion for FM - FM NOW LIVE ON STEAM

[MOD NOTE: Please use this thread for all general Steam discussion]

I asked this before but thread got shut down. I have looked through other threads with no luck.

1 - How do you buy via steam, do you go to the store and search fm2011

2 - how much is it on steam

3 - does it download as normall and will all the programme files be the same?

4 - how many computers can I use my game on?

Cheers

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I asked this before but thread got shut down. I have looked through other threads with no luck.

Cheers

1. I searched for "Foot" and it came up in the top of the suggestions...

2. US $39.99

3. Yes, save the changes in the .exe to accomodate the achievements (I imagine).

4. Any you have Steam installed on, though SI doesn't use SteamCloud, so you'd have to bring your savegame along on a flashdrive or some such, or play a different save.

4a. Keeping in mind you can only have your Steam account open on one computer in the world at any given moment.

Yes. Or you buy the boxed copy and activate it through Steam.

29.99 I believe. And they throw in an extra for you (Sega Megadrive Collection)

Yep. And you'll get access to the Steam achievement system that is linked to the game.

As many as you can afford, with the exception that only one of them can be connected to Steam at any one time.

Perfect, 1 computer at a time suits me. My laptop and one other laptop for when Im at the girlfriends. Only 1 version will be running for me :)

If a buy it at midnight bang on friday will it download then?

You can buy it now, and download 99% of it right now (takes 20 mins or so...)

When it is officially released (let's say midnight Thurs/Fri) - you can download the remaining 1% in the blink of an eye, and you're good to go.

With the impending release of Football Manager 2011, we are glad to confirm that preloading Football Manager 2011 on Steam has started now!

Football Manager 2011 will unlock for play at the following times.

Australia & Asia (Nov 5th at 12:00am Perth)

Eastern Europe (Nov 5th at 12:00am Moscow)

Western Europe (Nov 5th at 12:00am CET)

UK (Nov 5th at 12:00am GMT)

USA (Nov 5th at 12:00am EST)

PST – Pacific Standard time (West Coast USA)

GMT – Greenwich Mean Time (UK)

EST - Eastern Standard time (East Coast USA)

I read in another thread that you don't have to be online with Steam to launch the application. The above answers seem to contradict this, as it implies there must be a connection to Steam.

Which is correct?

Once installed, Steam can be set to "offline" mode and you then don't need to be connected to play.

Twellman, are you on the East Coast? Unless I'm totally dense the game unlocks at Midnight EST and 9:00pm on Thursday night? Sorry if I'm making this more complicated then it needs to be : 0

This says it will unlock at 12am on Nov 5th. So, the same as the UK, but in our time. Which means we'll have to wait around 6 hours after everybody in the World but as has it.

Or that's what I am getting here.

This says it will unlock at 12am on Nov 5th. So, the same as the UK, but in our time. Which means we'll have to wait around 6 hours after everybody in the World but as has it.

Or that's what I am getting here.

australia get's it before everyone :(

i knew it would have been worthwile to emigrate to down under

This is really silly...

All you have to do is convince steam you're in Australia and boom you get the game many hours in advance. If everyone lived in a bubble this wouldn't be a problem but this is a global community with a game released on a global platform that can easily let everyone have it at the same time and not create artificial waits for things.

This is really silly...

All you have to do is convince steam you're in Australia and boom you get the game many hours in advance. If everyone lived in a bubble this wouldn't be a problem but this is a global community with a game released on a global platform that can easily let everyone have it at the same time and not create artificial waits for things.

Hey why complain? If it was a set time it would probably be GMT...instead you can start playing earlier.

Bah, I thought I had it tomorrow afternoon. No wonder your bloody game doesn't sell in America, you still mad at us about the Revolution or what, that we have to wait until almost a day after all the loyal convicts in Aussieland. I'm gonna kick up Civ 5, take the German's in a real world map and rewrite World War 1 without us 20 hours later guys coming across the pond. :p

Is this like the getting people to admit to illegal downloading thread from the other day?

I don't think I'll risk saying anything more than my above statement with the mods on here.

Are you on something? This is about people who have ALREADY BOUGHT the game.

Are you on something? This is about people who have ALREADY BOUGHT the game.

And I know some people who already bought the game who downloaded the pirate version just to be able to play a week or so earlier.

I like these forums (though not posting cos normally you get your head bitten off) and I don't want to fall victim to some trigger-happy mod.

And I know some people who already bought the game who downloaded the pirate version just to be able to play a week or so earlier.

I like these forums (though not posting cos normally you get your head bitten off) and I don't want to fall victim to some trigger-happy mod.

I appreciate that. Lets not put any ideas in their heads. :)

Well they could set it to unlock in only one timezone, as no one can control time like they can ips.

But they would still have to rely on IP's.

They should unlock the game simultaneously. That would seem to be the fair thing to do.

Archived