Just got the game! Spoilers inside!!

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
More people who broke street date.

Nice job SI.

What, exactly, do you expect SI to do? Send people to each and every retailer in the world and force them at gunpoint to release the game only on Friday?

Have you placed different things on top of the closed box? If so at which (approximate) weight did the box start to sag in the middle and what were the items and their approx. weights placed upon it?

What spoilers are there ahead? I'm very happy for you and all but it seems pretty pointless to start a personal Q&A thread two days before everyone else gets their game. If you have any secret inside information not yet revealed by official channels please do tell, I'd like to know it.

If Tommy brought the game on Thursday and started a game with Walsall on the same day, how annoyed will he be when he remembers that the patch doesn't come out till Friday ?

Wow thats ALOT of comments already! Hmm the place I got it from can't be identified, who says a shop?? lol. £29.99, before anyone asks :).

Yes my carpet is as deep and soft as it looks. Sorry about the bits they are from opening the game and the wires are for my laptop, DS and phone I'm setee bound because of a leg injury for the moment so need to have everything with me :p.

Hmm about Spurs and BSS team I will start the 5 year holiday save now and see how it goes, ok? Laptop isn't the fastest.....

What, exactly, do you expect SI to do? Send people to each and every retailer in the world and force them at gunpoint to release the game only on Friday?

No, I expect them/SEGA to have distribution managers who do their jobs correctly, like every major publisher in the business does. There used to be a rule that breaking street date would mean that any future games from that publisher would not be sent to that retailer though this seems less and less prevalent now. It forced retailers to not even attempt it, just in case somebody went on the developer's official forums, posting pictures of their copy a couple of days before release.

Wow thats ALOT of comments already! Hmm the place I got it from can't be identified, who says a shop?? lol. £29.99, before anyone asks :).

Well i am sure SI will want to know where you got it from.

There are 12 pages in the manual which has really nothing in it and makes you rely on ingame help function.

Gareth Bale has not been made better unfotunately. 3 Star now 4 Star Potencial (as Tottenham)

I want to know if they improved newgen managers from the previous version.In fm 2010 if you played a long term game almost all the newly created staff had 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 as preffered formation.You can read this thread wich dealt with this issue.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/228246-10-years-in-and-4-4-2-rules-the-world

If you have the time can you holiday a game 10 years+ in the future and seee if the problem persists?thanks

If Tommy brought the game on Thursday and started a game with Walsall on the same day, and they are both travelling to Reading at a constant 70mph who will win the Champs League?

I don't know why I get the window saying this message is too short, hopefully this sentence will solve.

I don't know why I get the window saying this message is too short, hopefully this sentence will solve.

If Tommy buys FM11 on the Friday what are the odds that he won't see his family till Xmas ?

If Tommy buys FM11 on the Friday what are the odds that he won't see his family till Xmas ?

My gfriend has been duley warned. It's a shame, we only started dating a few months ago and I love her already. Shoulda realised that FM would come between us. Still, we'll see how the following few weeks turn out and whther or not she's ready to love me/love my game.

Back on topic:

Does the instruction manual come with any tips about keeping gfriends/wives happy post FM release?

:D

Remeber guys this is exactly the same as the demo apart from what leagues I can start, how long I can play for and I have the editor. I don't want to ruin anyones fun. I thought it would get people excited beofre release date. I'm not planning to start my own game really until then. Just fun to see what happens after a few years and to answer any questions you want to know.

BTW my thoughts. The game runs VERY fast even on my laptop which isnt great (1.73ghz core 2 due and 1.5gb ram) and it is very well polished!

No, I expect them/SEGA to have distribution managers who do their jobs correctly, like every major publisher in the business does. There used to be a rule that breaking street date would mean that any future games from that publisher would not be sent to that retailer though this seems less and less prevalent now. It forced retailers to not even attempt it, just in case somebody went on the developer's official forums, posting pictures of their copy a couple of days before release.

I really feel that you're being a little naive here. What do you suggest our "distribution managers" should have done that they haven't? All of the accounts that we deal with directly have, to this point, held the street date.

If I'm 100% objective about it (difficult given that I find it very tedious - obviously we'd rather people did as we requested) we do as much as we can but there's always some independent retailer or store manager who doesn't buy directly from us and therefore we have no direct contact with or leverage over, who breaks release somewhere in the world. It's a fact of life and it's very annoying as it irritates our customers, but lets be absolutely honest - once you get to within a few hours of the official release, there's only so much that can be done if we're going to achieve full distribution.

This year, we've promised to bring you the game on November the 5th. We're trying to be as fair as we can to everyone involved and have the game available by as many avenues as possible, on that day. We could stop independents stocking the game and only ship to direct accounts in time for release date, but I suspect that'd be unpopular also.

This happens. It's intensely frustrating, but everyone will be able to get the game on the day we promised. We've stuck as closely to that as possible. If you know, for a fact, a way we could have done more - name it, and I will go and get it done.

This won't happen on the disc, as far as I know improving Bale will be included in the release day patch.

I would think you will be disappointed then as I wouldn't expect him to change.

If he keeps up his current form he may be improved slightly in the third patch but given he is already in the top three MLs in the database don't expect big changes.

I would think you will be disappointed then as I wouldn't expect him to change.

If he keeps up his current form he may be improved slightly in the third patch but given he is already in the top three MLs in the database don't expect big changes.

On the Spurs data thread I think the Spurs researcher said he would have a look at changing his stats. Perhaps this won't be until a later date. I'm not too bothered though, he's been awesome on the demo for me as he currently is.

Bale has never really performed in my 3 demo saves as Spurs, don't get me wrong he has done ok but Lennon has litterally been on fire. Always popping a goal in after running in to the middle!

EDIT: Van Der Vaart is the on to worry about he is a little worse than Darren Fletcher :S

Archived