Big smile

Just got home and there is a nice little note to say that a parcel has been left with my neighbour.

here i am thinking it is the new bulb for my projector and so i nip to my neighbours house and knock on the door and low and behold he hands me a parcel from parcelforce and there it is a nice new copy of football manager 2011

anyone else got theres yet.

Just got home and there is a nice little note to say that a parcel has been left with my neighbour.

here i am thinking it is the new bulb for my projector and so i nip to my neighbours house and knock on the door and low and behold he hands me a parcel from parcelforce and there it is a nice new copy of football manager 2011

anyone else got theres yet.

Day and a half early? Ideal. Shame you'll still have to wait for the patch to reap the full rewards - but I suppose it's better than nipping into the Conny for it on Friday ;)

Pardon my ignorance, but do people who get the game before Friday actually get to play it (regardless of whether they want to or not re: RD patch...) - I just went into my local independent store, they're getting theirs in tomorrow but the bloke said that you can't play it until Friday anyway as it needs to be activated by Steam. Is this true? If anyone gets it early, they won't be able to play until Friday even if they don't install via Steam?

Pardon my ignorance, but do people who get the game before Friday actually get to play it (regardless of whether they want to or not re: RD patch...) - I just went into my local independent store, they're getting theirs in tomorrow but the bloke said that you can't play it until Friday anyway as it needs to be activated by Steam. Is this true? If anyone gets it early, they won't be able to play until Friday even if they don't install via Steam?

And before anyone attacks me for not searching the forum, I had a quick look but to be honest I really need a poo and can't focus.

That's pretty much as good as FM surely!?

its not bad, but not what i was expecting :D

no you can play it right out of the box, he is talking crap.

I just don't get how this is happening. I am takin g my chances buying a hard copy and not getting Steam next year.

I know. Pre-orders through Steam should be a high priority, I ordered mine over two months ago, money taken, sitting in Valve/SI's bank account as a sale.

The release organisation/control this year has been poor IMO.

I know. Pre-orders through Steam should be a high priority, I ordered mine over two months ago, money taken, sitting in Valve/SI's bank account as a sale.

The release organisation/control this year has been poor IMO.

You will NEVER get it early from a digital download. Surely this is obvious. Why should you be priority exactly? I preordered and paid for mine through Shopto.net about 2-3 months ago, so what exaxtly makes Steam priority? If you want the game early I suggest you use a retailer. My shopto order was dispatched this morning with 1st class delivery and it only cost £24.85, over a fiver less than Steam. Also, why do people moan about not getting it EARLY. You will have it on minute one of release day, which SI and Steam are fullfilling. Also, saying 'The release organisation/control this year has been poor IMO.' is ridiculous, an insult to SI and Steam who are delivering on time and the statement is quite simply not true. Some people are unbelieveable...

You will NEVER get it early from a digital download. Surely this is obvious. Why should you be priority exactly? I preordered and paid for mine through Shopto.net about 2-3 months ago, so what exaxtly makes Steam priority? If you want the game early I suggest you use a retailer. My shopto order was dispatched this morning with 1st class delivery and it only cost £24.85, over a fiver less than Steam. Also, why do people moan about not getting it EARLY. You will have it on minute one of release day, which SI and Steam are fullfilling. Also, saying 'The release organisation/control this year has been poor IMO.' is ridiculous, an insult to SI and Steam who are delivering on time and the statement is quite simply not true. Some people are unbelieveable...

Caught one lads! :)

I'm perfectly happy to wait - just wished people kept it to themselves instead of starting threads bragging that they have it already! :)

Have a good day, and sorry for the fishing - couldn't resist today!

Caught one lads! :)

I'm perfectly happy to wait - just wished people kept it to themselves instead of starting threads bragging that they have it already! :)

Have a good day, and sorry for the fishing - couldn't resist today!

Lol, I thought as I was typing it that it was a wind up. You *insert insult here*. :D

Archived