Steam validation compulsory ?

I'm going to get the game in boxed format, it's what suits me best this year, but my question is will I have to validate the game via Steam or will I be able to play by the old fashioned 'having the disk in the drive' method ? Obviously if the disk is redundant once the game is installed I might as well buy it through Steam.

If you do not activate through steam the disc needs to be in the drive when playing the game.

That's good news. I deleted Steam when I decided to get rid of Civilization 5 (terrible game), and if I don't have to reload it then all the better.

I've already registered a game with Steam and this will be my second one. Don't understand where all the hate towards Steam come from.

A couple years ago when Steam was introduced as an option for FM, their servers were up and down like a whores drawers on release day and it was generally unreliable. Seems to be OK now though.

People don't generally like the idea of a seperate bit of software loading on bootup.

That's good news. I deleted Steam when I decided to get rid of Civilization 5 (terrible game), and if I don't have to reload it then all the better.

I had to keep Civ V because my 9 year old grandson is hooked on it, otherwise it would be where your copy is:D

I had to keep Civ V because my 9 year old grandson is hooked on it, otherwise it would be where your copy is:D

Nah, it's back to Civ 4 - Beyond The Sword in order to while away those evening hours whilst I wait for FM11 !

Archived