News Inbox?

To start I have done a search but didn't find too much info so apologies if I am repeating an already asked question.

But,,, is the old style Inbox going to make a comeback for 2009? The reason I ask is that yes, the old style you trawled through various rubbish but I find, and have noticed others feel the same that you miss out on too much the way they are split.

It feels like you are playing in a bubble and totally outside of the footballing world. It's bizarre when you find out that Liverpool sacked their Manager 6 months ago etc....

So is it coming back? (Hopefully witthout the Carlton Cole faces West Ham for the 15th time since he left routine which no matter what you say comes out totally differently to the way you meant it! icon_rolleyes.gif )

To start I have done a search but didn't find too much info so apologies if I am repeating an already asked question.

But,,, is the old style Inbox going to make a comeback for 2009? The reason I ask is that yes, the old style you trawled through various rubbish but I find, and have noticed others feel the same that you miss out on too much the way they are split.

It feels like you are playing in a bubble and totally outside of the footballing world. It's bizarre when you find out that Liverpool sacked their Manager 6 months ago etc....

So is it coming back? (Hopefully witthout the Carlton Cole faces West Ham for the 15th time since he left routine which no matter what you say comes out totally differently to the way you meant it! icon_rolleyes.gif )

yeah that annoys me also. more so when i was managing aston villa, 3rd in league behind man utd and arsenal (year 2009), and go play arsenal and steve mclaren says he is looking forward to beating us (what when did wenger get sacked and mclaren take over). so annoying when i was waiting for either of the real world top 4 ( man utd arsenal chealsea and liverpool) jobs to become available so i could manage one of them.

Definately agree the switch with the in boxes has taken away some of the realism for me. I know that sometimes you had to trawl through alot of irrelevant stuff but lets be honest thats just like real life in boxes!! Bring it back SI as it was much better the original way. Liked it as it was just like reading a newspaper with all the transfer speculation and information!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Can't you change the settings for what you receive? I don't have my game at work so maybe you can check in your settings? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not sure,, Is there a way?

And Nelson,,,, You obviously know me, but who are you?! icon_biggrin.gif

This is one of those damned if you do and damned if you don't issues, but I would be surprised if SI didn't do some market research which influenced their decision to split the news in 08.

I'm guessing it's not something that would be easily made customisable either. In which case I would expect it will remain split for the foreseeable future. I'm the same and have had to 'train' myself to keep an eye on the news ticker that runs along the bottom of the screen.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sussex Hammer:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Can't you change the settings for what you receive? I don't have my game at work so maybe you can check in your settings? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not sure,, Is there a way?

And Nelson,,,, You obviously know me, but who are you?! icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm just a creepy cyber-stalker!!! Mua-hahahaaaaa!!!!! If you look out of your window you may see me... then again you may not... you'll never know...

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Click the world news icon. It's identical to the old one, just on the right.

I think Ter must have the easiest job in the world. "So hows that new Skin Ter?". "You're going to love it. Remember how last year people moaned it was white? Well now I've removed the background and it's ever so faintly blue. I'm now off for a well earned break having fully earnt my money" :D

(yes I know there was all the widgety stuff, but still)

• 2 weeks later...

ok , been messing about on the demo for a couple of days, Finding the whole news section rather odd. Is it in any particular order , there are two columns of news , but it doesnt appear to be in order. By that i mean news items that are dated older than others appear at the top of the list as opposed to the bottom of the list. is it in order of what is deemed important?

ALso , how do i know when a new news item appears? , and how long are they stored in the list? can I go back and view stuff that I might have missed if I havnet checked the news page for a couple of weeks?

I hate to see people bump a thread for their themselves - but i gotta do it .

I have limited internet access so if someone could spend a couple of minutes to quickly answer my queries about how the news is organised i would really appreciate it , as I cant get back on the net for a couple of weeks.

Regards - Mr chinnery :-)

Guest mikeytwigge

yeah the order is the most important at the top if its important it will probably stay there for max two weaks (not 100% sure) and of its not v important i.e. a league match between two other teams it will be gone in a couple of days. Hope that was some help

sorry to be a bore , (and not really sure if this is the right forum to ask in , as there seems to be a billion on this site) , but .....

I didnt buy fm 2008 because i didnt like the news/inbox split , but i was wondering.... If i buy fm 2009 , would it be possible to edit the files so that the news is ordered by date , or better still , make it appear in my inbox?

Im not really clued up on computers or how games work - is my idea stupid?

Archived