At what point will the patch be released?

Yeah but the whole Aus-UK time difference thing can throw it out. I will have, in real-world terms, the game before most other people on here thanks to the whole time-difference thing. I'm just curious as to whether the patch will be out for the Australians or whether I'll have to wait a day or two until I can play on the latest patch.

Am I the only one that finds it a joke how they are giving us a patch on the day the game is released? and to make matters worse we only get 3 patches for the game and 1 is out on release so then we get another 2 until FM2012 next year, SI are a bit of a joke, bringing out games that need patches the second they are out I mean what the hell?

Am I the only one that finds it a joke how they are giving us a patch on the day the game is released? and to make matters worse we only get 3 patches for the game and 1 is out on release so then we get another 2 until FM2012 next year, SI are a bit of a joke, bringing out games that need patches the second they are out I mean what the hell?

Fair enough.

Just name me a game that wasn't patched after release in the past decade.....

FM 09 or FM08 had a patch on the same day it came out.games are not perfect no matter how long people spend making it.i am happy that si listen to us and making the pacth now.not many game makers do.

Almost all games need a patch on the day they come out, too many don't EVER get one, too many more get a token patch to address glaring issues and you never hear from the devs again.

Patching after release isn't the problem, patching on the day it's released is, it's like them saying hey, here's a game that isn't finished that you waited ages for, but I guess you're all happy with that, as I said we get at the most 3 patches to last us a year and to use 1 of those on the day the game came out is a joke. Yea most games don't get patches but those are hardly series are they, FM is a continuation every year so it's not a one-off title, and besides it isn't like SI fix every bug then work on the next installment they work on it regardless, and the fact FM isn't a completely new game it's like a little upgrade over the last FM so why they still can't get it right in a year is beyond belief.

Patching after release isn't the problem, patching on the day it's released is, it's like them saying hey, here's a game that isn't finished that you waited ages for, but I guess you're all happy with that, as I said we get at the most 3 patches to last us a year and to use 1 of those on the day the game came out is a joke. Yea most games don't get patches but those are hardly series are they, FM is a continuation every year so it's not a one-off title, and besides it isn't like SI fix every bug then work on the next installment they work on it regardless, and the fact FM isn't a completely new game it's like a little upgrade over the last FM so why they still can't get it right in a year is beyond belief.

If you had just the slightest idea want went into making a game such as fm you'd realise its impossible for it to be released problem free

Don't buy it then if it annoys you that much.

I really don't understand the problem. It would be great if the game was released bug-free, but it's not any worse having to install a patch. I'd much rather have a patch on release day to fix bugs before I've started my first game than play it for a few weeks encountering problems before a patch is available.

The patch is mainly to address database issues from changes IRL so it's nothing they could have foreseen 1/3/6 months ago. I'm glad they release a patch on RD, I've bought the game and I feel this is the service provided to me I expect from start.

No game will ever be perfect from start but it's the striving towards perfection, the 99.999999% mark, that is the important factor in the game release. This is the reality all gamers have faced the last decade and a half, I don't see why this is such a surprise all of a sudden.

Oh, ok, lets blame SI for Liverpool's situation drastically changing since the game went gold. :rolleyes:

I don't care when patches are released as long as it improves the game. But you are very nieve to think there'd be no day one patch if the Liverpool takeover hadn't happened. For a start the match engine is getting a pretty big going over.

I know it's utterly shocking that SI didn't predict what was going to happen at Liverpool. Why aren't they employing a team of clairvoyants to ensure these things are sorted before release? Disgusting!

I don't care when patches are released as long as it improves the game. But you are very nieve to think there'd be no day one patch if the Liverpool takeover hadn't happened. For a start the match engine is getting a pretty big going over.

This... FM has had a patch on release for many many years now

Thing is, the game itself gets pressed quite sometime before release day, but where other companies then stop working until release and begin patching after (if at all), SI carry on throughout

Meaning instead of waiting for weeks/months for some (read: not all) of the easier/obvious problems, we get it around the day of release

I personally prefer the way SI do it as opposed to other companies, the only issues I have is that there are only 3 patches a game, when often, a 4th could be really beneficial

Don't moan if we're getting patches on release, moan if a critical error has gotten in that prevents the game being played without a patch (basically see what the patch fixes first)

Doubt it will be in the pre-download...but in order to "unlock it" when the game is released there is normally another small download. This year the patch might be a part of the download needed to unlock. This is not FACT, nor I have read it anywhere, I am just assuming.

Demo goes out, more issues discovered and fixed the day you buy the game.

Good customer service and something ALL games should do.

I know what you mean but for me, it's a benefit of buying the original and means people who download illegally will be left with all the bugs.

Another one on these forums that knows nothing about game development.

Another one on these forums that knows nothing about game development.

Big time,some people have nothing better to do than moan. Whats the problem? Si are providing a fix for minor issues and data updates free of charge?

The game industry frequently uses patches to resolve issues; surley this is a positive rather than a negative? Id much rather that than wait another few months!

Big time,some people have nothing better to do than moan. Whats the problem? Si are providing a fix for minor issues and data updates free of charge?

The game industry frequently uses patches to resolve issues; surley this is a positive rather than a negative? Id much rather that than wait another few months!

it's defo a positive in my eyes.

Well... Would you rather buy the game on the 5th and spend 10 odd minutes downloading a patch to fix any bugs that si have found, OR would you prefer SI to release the game a week or two later? All ready to go without having to download any patches? I think everybody would go for the 1st option. Stop complaining.

by the way- people should not be moaning patches. they should be praising them. thank you si. thank you for updating and fixing problems rather than ignoring them or putting up excuses for them and doing nothing about issues and problems.

Archived