Dynamic League Reputation - Where does it stop?

Ok, im sorry if this has been asked recently, but while im waiting for FM11 Im playing as African Warriors in the South African First Division. On FM11, if I managed to get this team to the top of the Premier Division and become the greatest team in African continental competitons, could I eventually make them as great, successful and even more interestingly as rich as a team such as Barcelona in Europe?

Where does it stop? Is it capped to a certain level? Id assume not as the name is in the title, dynamic, but I was just wondering if liturally anything is possible with any team in any country in the world.

My guess was that if you take your team into UEFA CL and constantly do well there your team rep goes up, and so will your league's rep.

Well then the problem is that UEFA is much bigger then the African equal, so the question is do you get that up as well and if so how? I guess doing good in the world club championship.

I'm sure it would be much more difficult (impossible?) in say Africa than Europe, as the reputation of the competitions is low. If you won the CL with an Estonian team, it would have a bigger effect, as the reputation is much higher.

You mean the rep of the European comp is higher than African comps, so the team is in turn capped to the continental tounements rep? e.g Europe = 5 stars, so the Estonian team could become a 5 star team in world football like Barca... but the African continental cup = (for example) 3.5 stars, so the african club team can only ever be a 3.5 star team in world football

My guess was that if you take your team into UEFA CL and constantly do well there your team rep goes up, and so will your league's rep.

Well then the problem is that UEFA is much bigger then the African equal, so the question is do you get that up as well and if so how? I guess doing good in the world club championship.

Exactly what i wanted to tap into... does DLR affect continental football, or just as it states, league rep?

A friend of mine has the retail copy already; he told me within one year leagues already fluctuate.

hold up a second... how has he got a retail copy already?

1. is it illegal, as that is immoral!

2. ...even if it is, can i have it please? :)

hold up a second... how has he got a retail copy already?

1. is it illegal, as that is immoral!

2. ...even if it is, can i have it please? :)

Like I've been saying since yesterday morning, some people already have it; i am from Spain and lots of Spaniards have bought the hard copy out of retail stores since Monday morning. That's just the way it is.

Like I've been saying since yesterday morning, some people already have it; i am from Spain and lots of Spaniards have bought the hard copy out of retail stores since Monday morning. That's just the way it is.

Ahh I see, fair enough :) But you said before that changes happened after 1 season? Do you have any examples of this? like which legaues in which countries and how much they rose/decreased by. Also, if you have any ideas, why they rose or fell?

I'd presume there would be some cap yes. I doubt you'd be able to take some team from Uganda 3rd division to being the best in the world.

Probably true yes. This would mean that it is only restricted to league rep changing and being capped at the level of the continents statue in world football. It would be good if the Continental comps such as European Cup and the counter parts in Africa/South America etc changed in Rep as well though, perhaps based on what was mentioned before the World Club Championship. Then again that comp in itself is of lower reputation anyway...

No, it wasn't that drastic. I remember seeing the screen he sent me (looked and I have already deleted it); it shows little gren and red arows for competitions who go up and down through the years, and there were at least 7-8 arrows in the first 15 leagues; rest assure I am sure most were 1-2 positions, but they did change over a year. I hope it doesn't go crazy though.

No, it wasn't that drastic. I remember seeing the screen he sent me (looked and I have already deleted it); it shows little gren and red arows for competitions who go up and down through the years, and there were at least 7-8 arrows in the first 15 leagues; rest assure I am sure most were 1-2 positions, but they did change over a year. I hope it doesn't go crazy though.

Ah right, yeah i agree. I wouldnt want it to go up and down too drastically, like if Chelsea finish 5th in the first season there shouldnt be any change, if they continue to do it then eventually start dropping until it rises when an unlikely team such as Everton start getting campions league each year. I really dont know how it will work in all honesty but Im sure we all will in a years time :)

isnt DLR dynamic league rep? so even if chelsea were finishing 5th the league rep wouldnt really change anyway would it? Say they finished 5th 5 years running, but during that 5 years an english team did very well in europe, it would still pretty much be the same?

or am i missing how it works?

Yeah, I am sure the point of DLR is how the teams do in Europe.

For instance:

Chelsea finished the league...I don't know; 9th, but Sunderland gets in and finishes in semifinals of the ECL: DLR would go up most likely.

Chelsea wins Premiership after Premiership, but the English teams do horribly in Europe: DLR would go down.

That's the point I think.

Exactly aussie. The point of this new addition is for people like me, who start in Romania; you win everything, but do nothing in Europe since you couldn't attract the big players...now, as you do better and better in Europe, the league goes up in rep, bringing better talents, and having more and more teams do better in Europe.

For instance:

Chelsea finished the league...I don't know; 9th, but Sunderland gets in and finishes in semifinals of the ECL: DLR would go up most likely.

Chelsea wins Premiership after Premiership, but the English teams do horribly in Europe: DLR would go down.

That's the point I think.

Exactly aussie. The point of this new addition is for people like me, who start in Romania; you win everything, but do nothing in Europe since you couldn't attract the big players...now, as you do better and better in Europe, the league goes up in rep, bringing better talents, and having more and more teams do better in Europe.

True, I was losing track of what DLR was. Its all about Continental. But apply that to Africa, say i get a team to win the African Continental cup year after year for 20 years. Im easily the best team in Africa... but would I be able to sign the Messi of 2040 from whoever the best team in Europe is at that point? Would I have the cash, say 100 million to spend on players?

Well, I am pretty sure the continental tournaments also go up or down depending on who wins, say, the Clubs World Cup. I assume if an African team continued to be in the final stages of the clubs World Cup that plays every year, the tournament's rep would go up, bringing the league's rep even higher.

That, added t the fact that, of all African clubs, you'd be the first one (presumably) would give you the change at signing that Messi of the future :)

Again, my idea of how I think DLR works!

Well, I am pretty sure the continental tournaments also go up or down depending on who wins, say, the Clubs World Cup. I assume if an African team continued to be in the final stages of the clubs World Cup that plays every year, the tournament's rep would go up, bringing the league's rep even higher.

That, added t the fact that, of all African clubs, you'd be the first one (presumably) would give you the change at signing that Messi of the future :)

Again, my idea of how I think DLR works!

That must be how they have done it, its the most logical way of implementing it and why it has taken a few years to finally implement because of the amount of factors that could potentially influence it, simultaniously.

Yup. I guess that's why I saw country's national cups going up and down in rep.

I guess a country's team did better than expected in a club's championship, bringing the rep of the league up, hence bringing the cup's rep up since the same teams play in it.

I'm sure this will be fun :)

I don't think it will be based purely on that, as I think lower division reputations can also fluctuate.

I'm skeptical about this too. A small tournament like the World Club Cup seems unlikely to govern continental reputation. I think it's more likely that continental reputation is still static.

Sorry to shoot you down on both points, I just think it's a bit more hopeful than logical.

So how come then ALL competitions are in that ranking? What's the point of having an european competiion in the ranking, for one, if it is going to remain the same? And if it remains unchanged, it wouldnt matter, since at some point a league would earn more point or decrease in score, hence bringing that european competition up or down. There has to be a way to work that in.

And about lower divisions, I suppose it could be factored in as to how they do against higher division teams in cups/level of players and play in that division.

Like I said I don't know, but to me, that makes sense. There is no "shooting down", that was just my opinion, you're entitled to yours!

A small tournament like the World Club Cup seems unlikely to govern continental reputation. I think it's more likely that continental reputation is still static.

So in your opinion, for my example of South Africa and African Continental comps, I would not be able to make a team as rich as Barcelona and would not be able to attract the top players from the best European team no matter how well my team were to do in the South African league and the African continental comp because Europe will always have a higher rep than Africa

If there is to be any movement between the continents then it would have to be based upon World Club/World Cup. There are no other continental competitions however mickey mouse the club world cup is.

So,

1) Its based on club world cup and changes incredibly slowly

2) Continents are fixed

3) Its seriously screwed up and I could make the American Samoan Premier League the best in the world by defeating the New Zealand champions every year in the Oceanian Champions League.

The more I think about this the more I am tempted to leave the English leagues for somewhere like Wales and try and see if I can have an impact on thier league.

I agree. DLR will make a lot of players leave England alone for a while and try a small nation. I only made this post to see what the influence of DLR is on countries leagues outside of Europe, which hasnt really been discussed much yet

2) Continents are fixed

3) Its seriously screwed up and I could make the American Samoan Premier League the best in the world by defeating the New Zealand champions every year in the Oceanian Champions League.

For point 3, the league wouldnt be the best in the world, but the best in that continent, which unless the continent rep changes, is the best it could ever be. But to even get the best in the continent would be a huge task for the American Somoan league, or whatever the playable equivenlent would be in FM

If there is to be any movement between the continents then it would have to be based upon World Club/World Cup. There are no other continental competitions however mickey mouse the club world cup is.

So,

2) Continents are fixed

I really doubt it is the latter. If they have coded something like your fans being more or less happy about a win depending on the rep of the team...surely who you beat in which competition affects rep differently.

Either that is the case, or we're screwed lol

problem with the world club cup is that in real life there is not much important placed on it, as it is very inconvenient for european clubs in terms of having to fly off for like days during the league... something that is much more important.

I guess the goal of FM's DLR would be to implement all of those things into the ratings. For instance, if a player from an obscure-ish team wins the world cup, then bam, the team's rep goes up.

Or for example, David Beckham joins LA Galaxy--Bam, rep for the team and the league goes up.

problem with the world club cup is that in real life there is not much important placed on it, as it is very inconvenient for european clubs in terms of having to fly off for like days during the league... something that is much more important.

Again though, this is European focused. A North American team would probably treat it as very important as would most other continents qualifying team, bar Europe. If the Jomo Cosmos win the World club Cup beating the likes of Inter Milan then that would be a huge thing for that team and that nation and it would probably be a feature on BBC Sport for example. If they beat Barcelona the next season and Chelsea the season after then Jomo Cosmos reputation would rise, South African football leagues rep would rise slightly. On the other hand if Inter lose it wouldnt affect their rep in the slightest, because as you say Europeans dont care about the cup. Its all these little things that would need to be implemented into DLR for it to be perfect. We'll see how close it is and im sure it will improve over the next few years

I think this topic is in desperate need of some official answers or detailed blog about what to expect and how DLR really functions in FM11. As one can read, there's a lot of speculation on the mechanics of it, from a group of people who haven't played with it yet. DLR is one of the biggest new features but hasn't had nearly enough description or explanation from SI. I don't make a habit of calling SI out about things on the forums, but this might be one to consider.

I think this topic is in desperate need of some official answers or detailed blog about what to expect and how DLR really functions in FM11. As one can read, there's a lot of speculation on the mechanics of it, from a group of people who haven't played with it yet. DLR is one of the biggest new features but hasn't had nearly enough description or explanation from SI. I don't make a habit of calling SI out about things on the forums, but this might be one to consider.

Agreed. I want to hear specifics for countries outside of Europe though because everything in other threads seems to be about N.Ireland or Denmark leagues etc etc. Im going to stop speculating myself and hopefully wait for some official response :)

for information, looking at the competition reps, the Club World Championship's rep is slightly higher than the Mexican First Division, and slightly lower than the Dutch Eredivisie, 25th overall

i presume the biggest way to boost a country's league reps would be for that country to win the World Cup, seeing as that is the highest rep competition

in theory yes. The higher rep the league becomes the more you should get revenue, but the league isnt gooing to sky rocket if 1 team dominates everything, i think that people are going to need to make a few teams very stong in a weaker league

Well I think if you make one team very good even winning in Europe then the league won't suffer, eventually all the other clubs will attract better players.

No offense I know that Rangers and Celtic are always in Europe and doing relatively well, and other clubs from Scotland are waaaaay behind but in Romania were I live this (a club getting into the champions league) made a huge difference, now when I look back 5 years theres an improvement in quality. Or at least teams are willing to play better for the champions league spot (Well if I'm honest they are running after the money, almost 10 million in revenue if you make it to the group stages, which can set your club up for at least 2 years)

Archived