Has everyone decided which leagues/countries they will load up on Friday?

Contries I will probably load up are

Wales/Northern Ireland (all leagues)

England with championship and league 1

Spain with segunda division

Italy top league only

Brazil top league only

Argentina top league only

i have not decided whether to do a save with a welsh team or a norhtern irland team

Why, yes, I've put a lot of thought into it.

My plan is to lead Levski Sofia to European glory. (As a sort of medium level challenge.)

Bulgaria, England, Spain, Germany, France, Brazil (top 2 divs)

Portugal, Argentina, Turkey, Holland, Greece, Russia, Ukraine, Belgium, Scotland, Romania, Poland, Mexico

and view only: MLS, Austria, Switzerland, Columbia, Uruguay, Isreal, Chile, Peru, Finland, Denmark + all top divisions in Eastern Europe.

I've never actually played this kind of super-long save, although everyone else seems to do it that way.

Why, yes, I've put a lot of thought into it.

My plan is to lead Levski Sofia to European glory. (As a sort of medium level challenge.)

Bulgaria, England, Spain, Germany, France, Brazil (top 2 divs)

Portugal, Argentina, Turkey, Holland, Greece, Russia, Ukraine, Belgium, Scotland, Romania, Poland, Mexico

and view only: MLS, Austria, Switzerland, Columbia, Uruguay, Isreal, Chile, Peru, Finland, Denmark + all top divisions in Eastern Europe.

I've never actually played this kind of super-long save, although everyone else seems to do it that way.

just one word of advice if you are planning a really long career and not planning on moving around, set all of those other leages to veiw only, you will find that after 20-30 seasons it will become unbearably slow and you dont get a huge amount of benefit loading up a playable league if your not using it.

Just my advice, feel free to disregard :)

Top two from England, Spain, Italy

Top from Scotland, Holland, Belguim, France, Portugal, Germany, Russia, Czech Rep, Turkey, Denmark, Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, USA, India, South Korea, Australia, South Africa.

Never really tried anything like that before, thinking of starting as unemployed and see where things take me around the world!

I've decided im going to load these leagues for what I hope will be great Journeyman save :

Argentina-All leagues(Playable)

Brazil-All leagues(Playable)

England-Prem to BSP(Playable)

Italy-Top three leagues(Playable)

France-Top three leagues(Playable)

Germany-Top three leagues(Playable)

Spain-Top three leagues(Playable)

Holland-All leagues(Playable)

Portugal-Top two leagues(Playable)

Belgium-Top two leagues(View-only)

Poland-Top league(View-only)

Mexico-Top league(Playable)

Wales-All leagues(Playable)

This should give me a good balanced game. My plan is to start in League 2 then work my way up the footballing ladder moving when I get job offers from better clubs eventually I want to have won the the top division championship in at least England, Spain and Italy then I move to a club a Wales and try and make them a powerhouse :). I also want to manage a few national teams that's why I have Holland, Portugal and Mexico loaded they are 3 international teams that I would like to manage at some point.

The same as I always do:

Large database.

Argentina (1 view only)

Belgium (1 view only)

Brazil (1 view only)

England (7)

France (1)

Germany (2)

Greece (1 view only)

Italy (2)

Holland (1)

Portugal (1)

Russia (1)

Scotland (1 view only) *all 4 playable if I play English lower league save

Spain (2)

Ukraine (1)

Turkey (1 view only)

*If I play a lower league save I have all the Scottish leagues as playable. I'll retain all English, Irish, Northern Irish, Welsh and Scottish players. Then not bother with Ukraine, Russia, Greece, Turkey, Belgium, Brazil or Argentina.

I've decided im going to load these leagues for what I hope will be great Journeyman save :

Argentina-All leagues(Playable)

Brazil-All leagues(Playable)

England-Prem to BSP(Playable)

Italy-Top three leagues(Playable)

France-Top three leagues(Playable)

Germany-Top three leagues(Playable)

Spain-Top three leagues(Playable)

Holland-All leagues(Playable)

Portugal-Top two leagues(Playable)

Belgium-Top two leagues(View-only)

Poland-Top league(View-only)

Mexico-Top league(Playable)

Wales-All leagues(Playable)

This should give me a good balanced game. My plan is to start in League 2 then work my way up the footballing ladder moving when I get job offers from better clubs eventually I want to have won the the top division championship in at least England, Spain and Italy then I move to a club a Wales and try and make them a powerhouse :)

Have you done one before? I love them, dont think ill do one in 11 cause i had a cracking one in 10. Some top leagues there, id load up the mexican promotion league, i had great fun there, managed over 25 teams all up and Nexaca was the best fun by far!

just one word of advice if you are planning a really long career and not planning on moving around, set all of those other leages to veiw only, you will find that after 20-30 seasons it will become unbearably slow and you dont get a huge amount of benefit loading up a playable league if your not using it.

Just my advice, feel free to disregard :)

No, you're dead right but don't playable leagues produce beter newgens? I figure I'll recruit from Eastern Europe initially, and move west as DLR kicks in. Plus my computer is fairly kick-ass.

On the other hand, if I win the CL in my second season, I'll consider the challenge "won" and stop.

No, you're dead right but don't playable leagues produce beter newgens? I figure I'll recruit from Eastern Europe initially, and move west as DLR kicks in. Plus my computer is fairly kick-ass.

On the other hand, if I win the CL in my second season, I'll consider the challenge "won" and stop.

As is mine, had it custom built and there are not many 'publicly available' computers quicker than it but i was running 40 in playable leagues and by 2050 it was teeth itching waiting for it to process!

I dont think they produce better quality, just produce more, its 6 of one half dozen of the other mement!

EDIT: mate you will be doing very well to win it with them in the 2nd season :p

Have you done one before? I love them, dont think ill do one in 11 cause i had a cracking one in 10. Some top leagues there, id load up the mexican promotion league, i had great fun there, managed over 25 teams all up and Nexaca was the best fun by far!

Unfortunately no, I did try to get into one on FM10 about a week ago where I started of with Rotherham in league 2 got them promoted then moved to Watford who were struggling in the championship but since FM11 is close and someone has kindly offered to buy it for me I will get cracking with that straight away. I usually stay at one club but it sounds fun to move around the world winning lots of different trophies :)

Unfortunately no, I did try to get into one on FM10 about a week ago where I started of with Rotherham in league 2 got them promoted then moved to Watford who were struggling in the championship but since FM11 is close and someone has kindly offered to buy it for me I will get cracking with that straight away. I usually stay at one club but it sounds fun to move around the world winning lots of different trophies :)

it is fun mate, try to win a trophy from every country you have loaded, there is a top challenge!

Top from Scotland (view), Holland (view), Belguim, France (view), Germany (view), Brazil (view), Argentina (view), USA (view), Japan (view), South Korea (view) and Australia.

With Japan probable later on when someone makes a Japan DB available.

Top from Scotland (view), Holland (view), Belguim, France (view), Germany (view), Brazil (view), Argentina (view), USA (view), Japan (view), South Korea (view) and Australia.

With Japan probable later on when someone makes a Japan DB available.

Im sure you meant in a future save but just in case you didnt, you cant add a league once you have set uo your save :p

My PC is able to run about 30 leagues easily, but I always load only EPL. So, this time I was thinking more because of DLR. As I don't know if DLR will be as effective in leagues that are active as in those that are not.

What do you think guys?

My PC is able to run about 30 leagues easily, but I always load only EPL. So, this time I was thinking more because of DLR. As I don't know if DLR will be as effective in leagues that are active as in those that are not.

What do you think guys?

Well, I think that with DLR non-playable leagues will decay. It might take a long time but eventually Barcelona will be as good as a Championship side unless Spain is loaded as playable.

I have no evidence to support this theory.

Well, I think that with DLR non-playable leagues will decay. It might take a long time but eventually Barcelona will be as good as a Championship side unless Spain is loaded as playable.

I have no evidence to support this theory.

Cheers or the reply. Would like to hear an official word because I really want my game to be fast. I don't load a lot of leagues because I play on Large DB which i customize to have even more players.

Here's my usual set up,

Pretty much all leagues bar a few like India. I'll have the top 15 leagues on playable and the rest on view only if im managing a top team. If I have a game where I start from the bottom I'll usually mix up the playable leagues. I like to have long, long term careers so having them all playable ends up being a knightmare as some have already mentioned.

I will load a database of around 75 000 players and probably 15-20 divisons in Europe (plus Brazil) and have the rest on view-only, as I have found out that view-only doesn't make the game any slower at all.

Really? Now that's cool. Might do just that then.

England (top 2)

France (top 2)

Germany (top 2)

Italy (top 2)

Spain (top 2)

Holland (top)

Portugal (top)

Russia (top)

Ukraine (top)

Belgium (top)

Brazil (top 2)

Argentina (top 2)

Very simlar to mine pal makes transfer market bit more competative :)

But if you read Amaroq's famous post on view only, it suggests that there's a big price to pay in the long term:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/164850-how-do-view-only-leagues-work

Oh, I understan it fully now. much appreciated. :thup:

I'll decide when I get the game after all. :)

Personally I always do top 2 leagues from spain, france, italy, germany, holland, belgium, england, scotland, argentina and brazil. I then load all leagues from whatever country im in eg all england when i manage liverpool (my first game). I find this gives me good balance from around europe so that champions league is not dull and youth give a good account of themeselves. By loading 2 leagues, promotion/relegation can be interesting.

And add all people from those countries too

Going for a long term save so looking for a Large Database with the following leagues as Playable. Starting the game unemployed with Sunday league reputation so I want a good selection of division open at the start of the game.

England - Blue Square North/Blue Square South

France - CFA

Germany - Third Division

Italy - Serie C2

Spain - Second Division B

USA - MLS

Belarus - First League

Russia - First Division

Scotland - Third Division

Tried this setup on FM10 and it ran pretty well holiday all the way to 2043,in a few days despite having a low star rating. It run well enough to get a decent career out of it, epically since I will be replacing the computer as soon as i get a new job. I might them add some of the following leagues on either low detail or Vie Only for Regen development.

South Korea - K League

Mexico - First Division

Argentina - Premier Division

Brazil - First Division

Looking forward to starting this game and seeing what country I end up in ^^

Archived