Selling players grrrrrr

Hey guys, iv been playing the fm 11 demo and really liek some of the new features. The private chat thing especially. However i am having the same problem on fm 11 as the one i had on fm 10, i find it ridiculously diffiucult to sell players. As some of you know Liverpool start off with very little money on the demo so i want to sell players to raise funds but as much as i try i cant offload my players no matter what i value them at. Any one else find this? thanks

They have intentionally made it like that so it is hard to sell players in the first season, relating to real world financial problems and it supposedly improves over time. Though offering them for below value and no-one showing interest is a bit unrealistic.

This is not true. The reason for this is that teams already have their squads set due to real world transfers.

It would be a nice if SI offered the OPTION to begin the game on May 30 with last years rosters and let the player make his or her own summer transfers. Many people like wheeling and dealing more than any other part of the game.

I didn't struggle shifting most of the deadwood out of my Spurs squad in the demo, so I'm hoping the full version will be the same.

Flogging Jenas to Man City for 9.75m helps the budget a bit :D The only player I couldn't flog in 2-3 starts (I know we were all essentially playing the same save with the quickstart) was Peter Crouch. 60k or so a week is a lot for someone who found himself behind Kadlec, Sanogo, Lukaku, Defoe and Pavlyuchenko, but nobody wanted him. Even with the financial state the game is in at the moment, a lot of the Premiership teams would be in for Crouch at 5m, let alone the 1-2m I tried to flog him for just before the window shut. He's a no-brainer at that sort of price.

Then again that was the only thing that annoyed me about the demo, I can't wait for Friday :)

I didn't struggle shifting most of the deadwood out of my Spurs squad in the demo, so I'm hoping the full version will be the same.

Flogging Jenas to Man City for 9.75m helps the budget a bit :D The only player I couldn't flog in 2-3 starts (I know we were all essentially playing the same save with the quickstart) was Peter Crouch. 60k or so a week is a lot for someone who found himself behind Kadlec, Sanogo, Lukaku, Defoe and Pavlyuchenko, but nobody wanted him. Even with the financial state the game is in at the moment, a lot of the Premiership teams would be in for Crouch at 5m, let alone the 1-2m I tried to flog him for just before the window shut. He's a no-brainer at that sort of price.

Then again that was the only thing that annoyed me about the demo, I can't wait for Friday :)

I think Crouchie is an underrated player. If he looked a little more menacing I think he would get more respect. He is very dangerous on set plays and in the air.

thanks for all the replies guys, i guess il just wait till the game is out to find out. Also another few queries, any one if NESV will be in control of Liverpool when the full game comes out? and also last year i though id pulled a fast one and got the game a day early from alocal shop, only yo find steam wouldnt let me play it till midnight of its release day, anyone know if it does the same if you try to install it without steam? thanks

one more questions guys, sorry to keep throwing questions at you when your all probably dying to spend the day on the new game :) just wanted to know, im going to pop don town to buy the game in a while but then i have a 2 hour train journey, just wondering if i can install the game via stream while steam is running in offline mode? thanks

one more questions guys, sorry to keep throwing questions at you when your all probably dying to spend the day on the new game :) just wanted to know, im going to pop don town to buy the game in a while but then i have a 2 hour train journey, just wondering if i can install the game via stream while steam is running in offline mode? thanks

No - if you want to install the game via steam, then obviously you need to be connected to the steam servers = online mode.

It would be a nice if SI offered the OPTION to begin the game on May 30 with last years rosters and let the player make his or her own summer transfers. Many people like wheeling and dealing more than any other part of the game.

If this were to happen then people would be paying £30 (ish) for the 'new' version but with last seasons squads and I think most people, myself included prefer the transfer udapes more than anything each year. Otherwise I'd just buy FM one year and keep playing that instead of buying the new version.

Archived