1 boxed version 2 players ?

Hi...

I would like to know if it's possible to buy 1 boxed version of FM11, and be played on 2 pc's at the same time (one with steam instalation and other with offline instalation)

If this possible, i only pre-rder 1 dvd for me and my mate..

thanks

i think so, i have 2 comps, 1 laptop and a desktop. the desktop runs on the dvd and my laptop runs through steam. it's the same boxed version, i just entered the product code from the boxed version and downloaded it from steam.

Anyone with even the most basic knowledge of steam will know you can quite easily run FM on hundreds of computers simultaneously if you so chose. I personally always have 4 or 5 installations of the game, but they're all for me to use and no one else, I have one on my main PC, one on the PC at my old mans, and one on each of the laptops in the house. The only pain is transferring saves between the computers.

With Steam, we can but one game and have it on infinite computers. If its for his personal use whats the big deal?

It not for his personal use, the OP stated one game for him and his mate.

No, it is illegal, simple as that. You both need to buy the licence to play the game, so 2 copies.

You can do it if you set steam to launch in offline mode. I sometimes do this when switching between my bedroom PC and the computer in the living room. Always change the save file location to a shared folder on the network so I can load the game on either or. You can also have the game run from steam on one computer and set it to run from the CD on another computer so they are ways.

If you should be sharing the game or not a different story however.

Just a quick question guys.

If you install via steam will all the files that are put on usually when using the disc be the same if installing via steam?

Just asking as i think i am gonna install via steam this year and I like to use facepacks,logos etc.

Facepacks, logo's etc don't come with the boxed version (except I think Spain has the logos and facepacks included). You would still need to transfer these over or download new ones if you install by steam or the disc.

Facepacks, logo's etc don't come with the boxed version (except I think Spain has the logos and facepacks included). You would still need to transfer these over or download new ones if you install by steam or the disc.

That was my question mate will it still be just as easy to install graphics like it is when installing using the disc?

No, it is illegal, simple as that. You both need to buy the licence to play the game, so 2 copies.

It certainly isnt illegal. Please point out the criminal code it violates? Its really no different from buying a DVD or a CD and loaning it to a friend. It would help SI if everyone bought their own copy but it certainly isnt illegal.

It certainly isnt illegal. Please point out the criminal code it violates? Its really no different from buying a DVD or a CD and loaning it to a friend. It would help SI if everyone bought their own copy but it certainly isnt illegal.

You're right, as it would only be illegal if he was selling copies really. Doesn't make it morally right though.

Its really no different from buying a DVD or a CD and loaning it to a friend.

You do not retain the ability to still play that CD/DVD/Xbox game in this situation.

It is not the same thing.

Regardless of the legality, it is not a good comparison to make.

Would it bother you to buy a car or a computer and share it with your wife?

As is this. Marriage is a legal contract, for a start. The products are completely different too. The only slight parallel you could even draw with regards to a car is sharing the car with a spouse that has no driving license and no insurance. Even then, it is a completely terrible analogy.

You're right, as it would only be illegal if he was selling copies really. Doesn't make it morally right though.

I agree. Ive already bought my copy from Steam. But its kinda understandable depending on the economic circumstances of the person.

You do not retain the ability to still play that CD/DVD/Xbox game in this situation.

It is not the same thing.

Regardless of the legality, it is not a good comparison to make.

As is this. Marriage is a legal contract, for a start. The products are completely different too. The only slight parallel you could even draw with regards to a car is sharing the car with a spouse that has no driving license and no insurance. Even then, it is a completely terrible analogy.

The better comparison would be to say "Its really no different from buying a DVD or a CD and ripping it on to a friends PC so he can watch/listen whenever he wants."

I do it with my mate sometimes when he comes round.

I also have the Steam installed on my PC so I can play that at home and the disc install on my laptop for when I travel (which I do alot) then I just transfer my save to the USB drive.

Also, to all these people going on about it being illegal, we get the point. It's not going to stop people doing it and it's hardly a big deal. The pirates are the ones you want to worry about, just lay off.

It's against the rules of the code of conduct/EULA provided with the game, but those aren't enforcible. It's a far worse crime to have the game distributed illegally on the internet and you can guarantee within 48 hours of release that will be happening as it does with every game on pretty much every platform at the moment. Even Sony aren't really that safe anymore and their protection was just having the newest technology that was rarely come across to make it really viable on the same scale.

The guidelines are that you shouldn't rent out or lend out the game, yet many rental stores do it just fine. There is no 'charge' for this on a game by game basis or anything of that ilk (or there wasn't when I researched it in 2006 for a business A level project) so there is plenty of workarounds.

Also, to all these people going on about it being illegal, we get the point. It's not going to stop people doing it and it's hardly a big deal.

These are the official forums of the people who make the game.

Any talk alluding to or condoning piracy of the game (however minor) is pretty morally reprehensible.

Archived