Converting Clear Cut Chances

Not going to scream 'bug' yet, but I decided I'd start a demo file today, and after a positive start, my players have become inept at scoring clear cut chances. 1 goal from 21 CCC's in our last 3 matches is beginning to become a joke.

My training for strikers has shooting on high, I've tried all my strikers and they all miss horribly (I'm MK Dons so thats Easter, Baldock and Rhys Murphy from Arsenal), no obvious tactical fiddling needed and morale among the strikers is still 'Very High'.

Whats worse is every side then scores some 30 or 40 yard screamer and wins 1-0 8-). Didn't ever notice a problem like this on FM2010 but maybe I'm just stupidly unlucky. Will keep playing on for now but losing every match despite dominating all of the chances and possession is frustrating >_>.

Well I won my next game, 2 goals with 5 CCC. One thing I've instantly noticed is the critria for a CCC is alot less in FM2011 - two of them were from free kicks just outside the area 0_o. Even then some of these misses seem rediculous, but I've not played enough to judge.

At least the other team missed a sitter too. 1v1 with the keeper and it put it 3 times above the goal height 0_o. And it was wide lol.

Well I won my next game, 2 goals with 5 CCC. One thing I've instantly noticed is the critria for a CCC is alot less in FM2011 - two of them were from free kicks just outside the area 0_o. Even then some of these misses seem rediculous, but I've not played enough to judge.

At least the other team missed a sitter too. 1v1 with the keeper and it put it 3 times above the goal height 0_o. And it was wide lol.

Emile Heskey by any chance?

This has been the case since as long as I can remember, and afaik, there isn't a miracle striker that can solve your issues. Playing a little more defensive, more of a counter style of play will suddenly make you score more from your chances. Even in the old CM days, I was used to seeing 15 shots vs 2, you lose 1-2, so I grew pretty accustomed to it. Since FM05, I switched to counter football, and voila, now I score much more easily.

The strange thing is, that even with a much better side, playing more defensive / counter seems to be a better way for efficiency.

I think it is somewhat an issue with the match engine that it needs to "make offensive tactics miss more", in order to keep realistic results / exciting games. Also, switching of the 2D/3D engine and watching only text, will make you less frustrated to see how easy the chances were that have been missed. :p

Archived