Germany question (no, not that one!)

I'm aware of the licensing issues that prevent SI from including a functioning German national team, but my question is why does this prevent the game from filling the national team with newgens? Is this an issue with the German national team, or with the German players? I've seen countless threads on "fixing" the German issue, but I don't recall ever seeing what the actual license allowed/prevented SI from doing.

And is this pretty much the same situation as the Japanese national team?

I can't understand this either.

A team made up of German regens should be about as good as the real team after one generation of players if the regens creation system works properly and if enough German players are in the db of the respective save. Of course every regen would also have a club, like any other player. Don't understand you here, SWaRFeGa. :confused:

It seems however clear that they cannot have regens from day one on (maybe you meant that). These indeed would need to be at a club. So from the start there must be grey players, but after time these should be replaced by regens in the same way as for every other nation.

However, to me it seems that the greyed out players all equal one real player. If you compare them to some real ones, you'll find they have identical attributes. I'm not sure if the caps might even be counted for the real players. Will have to check that.

JAY - I do indeed mean day one regens.

You could phase some in after a season, sure.

But it's highly unrealistic for the start of the game to have an awesome "newgen" player (we'll call him Wolfgang Bloggs) suddenly turn up as:

1) a world-class player with no contract

or

2) a world-class player shoved into a Barca/Man Utd/Bayern side, especially since you'd need 25 of these types.

Obviously there are plenty more reasons for SI the not incorporate this, but this was my intial reaction. I do understand the OP though - you would think 10 years into the future the German national squad would have enough newgens to bypass any liscensing.

JAY - I do indeed mean day one regens.

You could phase some in after a season, sure.

But it's highly unrealistic for the start of the game to have an awesome "newgen" player (we'll call him Wolfgang Bloggs) suddenly turn up as:

1) a world-class player with no contract

or

2) a world-class player shoved into a Barca/Man Utd/Bayern side, especially since you'd need 25 of these types.

Obviously there are plenty more reasons for SI the not incorporate this, but this was my intial reaction. I do understand the OP though - you would think 10 years into the future the German national squad would have enough newgens to bypass any liscensing.

I don't think anyone's asking for regens at the start. Greys that reflect the real players are fine. However, I'm sure most people (myself and yourself included) would like the German regens who'd be created anyway to be called up to the squad once they are good enough.

Yes the license prevents both real & newgen players being included in the German squad.

Don't me ask me why, I just know it does.

It wasn't like that before. I think it was just implemented in the 10.3 patch because that's when I started noticing the newgen. Kinda annoyed me when I started playing my long term FM10 game and I saw no newgens on the German team, and I was too far into the game to start all over again.

Archived