Any ideas how to run my FM on 42" TV and be able to see it?

Hello lads and lasses, only last night i bought a new tower (pc) and i wanted to hook it up to my TV which is a samsung 42", but ive just downloaded the new demo for Footy Man and the words are too hard to read because they are very small and also the screen is not totally the right size for my TV, its wider. Any help would be great as i originally bought this tower just for the launch of FM11 haha Thanks

Ah mate you have to go into your graphics card and change the settings its not hard...I done it when i was watching movies on my television via my PC so. Just ask google mate there have been loads of people with the same problem im sure they can give a detailed run through on how to do it.

I had the same kind of problem with my flatscreen Tv, it's not the best as its only 26". I built an absaloute monster of apc with the HDMI graphics etc, bascially a MASSIVE database FM monster (lol).

anyway trying to get the right resolution on the normal desktop was a mission as 26" does not seem to be a proper resolution for a screen although the HD is visable in quality as you can see the screen better from a distance rather than sitting close by like a monitor.

Now i need to ask have you had a tinker with your actual desktop settings (right click and press screen resolution-Win7) Setting it takes a bit of tinkering you can either press detect, or you can set it manually to get the right configuration for your 42" badboy. Then when your in the game and you go into preferences>sound & display>window settings. You bassically have to try and set your resolution to the best one, I imagine your default resolution is that large that you cant see whats going on when your sitting on your sofa, so I suggest a smaller resolution although make sure its a widescreen one.

Also whats the window resolution like is that also tiny numbers?

right i had a problem with screen resolution originally an its still not that great but FM is almost unseeable. so i have been struggling with windows resolution yeah. when i click on demo appliction for FM it doesnt give me any sort of way of changing resolution of the game.

I find with Win7 resolution 1366x768 is easiest on the eyes on tv screens, playing FM10 on my 32" TV I used a resolution which was quite close to that 1366 also as I could sit a couple of meters away and it still be legible. 1080 is best viewed with a small screen (<20").

Ive been into preferences and display and sound and its actually on the biggest type of writing it can be and page is closest to being lined up on it. i appreciate what youve all said and cheers i will try to change few more preferences on my control panel for the tower but spent almost 2 hours last night getting it to what i would call a livable resolition. thanks lads!

Archived