Is there a way to make your entire team more attacking.. and quickly?

On FM10 I'm still using the classic tactics rather than the create a tactic. I like to have my players set up to different attacking mentalities, for example a deeper striker at about the halfway mark, the more attacking striker on almost all out attack, a central midfielder who is about a quarter of the way up the mentality scale and again a more attacking one. I also have my central defenders on complete defending. Basically, I have an individual mentality clicked on ALL my players. The problem is that if I'm a goal down with 10 minutes to go, setting up the entire team to all out attack is quite arduous as I have to individually set each player to 'team' mentality, same with passing and what not. I have worked my way around this by saving the same tactic but with all players already on team mentality.

I have recently tried the new tactics creator on the FM11 demo and I still have the same problem, although the overload button helps somewhat, it still works on an individual player basis. The shorter passing also isn't as extreme as I'd like it. I'd like my players to be on the shortest possible passing but this doesn't seem to be possible on the new FM11.

So yeah, what will make this easier?

EDIT: Also, and this may be a stupid question, but why can you not use 'shouts' using a tactic created in classic format? Seems a bit limiting.

Thanks

Doesn't the in-game touch-line instructions deal with this?

Setting your team approach to Attacking, then shouting out to 'get the ball forward', 'push-up', 'Take more risks'.

Sadly, i don't have the game on in-front of me right now, but it is something like that. Or do you mean something else entirely?

Yeah ignore this post.

1)These shouts can get your team to attack more - get ball forward, pump ball into box, look for overlap, Push higher up.

2)I was able to get passing to be short enough. Try and Decrease tempo and increase time wasting.

3)Also you can save a tactic and witch to it immediately.

It belong to the tactic forum IMO

Doesn't the in-game touch-line instructions deal with this?

Setting your team approach to Attacking, then shouting out to 'get the ball forward', 'push-up', 'Take more risks'.

Sadly, i don't have the game on in-front of me right now, but it is something like that. Or do you mean something else entirely?

Yeah ignore this post.

Touch line instructions appear to be greyed out when using a classic tactic, mate.

It belong to the tactic forum IMO

In that case I apologise and would happily have this thread moved.

EDIT: Also, and this may be a stupid question, but why can you not use 'shouts' using a tactic created in classic format? Seems a bit limiting.

Thanks

The shouts need the tactics creator to work, because they are essentially the same thing. SI are working on making them customisable, which would hopefully mean you could use them with classic tactics.

Saving a more attacking tactic that you can switch to is a good idea.

If you are using shouts, then "retain possession" and "look for overlap" will help shorten passing.

Archived