Newgen revamp?

Like this:

Newgen revamp – Newly generated players, or newgens as we call them, are now created using a new system that looks at player templates for different styles of player, as well as taking national traits into account, to ensure that the types of player in the game are constant throughout the life of your own saved game.

Sounds good to me.

i'm not sure what context you heard it in but if its in reference to fm 11 i would imagine it means there are changes being made to newgens so that their stats are better distributed than before and just generally more realistic.

I belive there was some mention of newgens in fm 11 having certain styles or traits based on their nationalities, so i imagine this has something to do with it.

I'm sorry I don't really understand. Does this mean that English regens might have better physical stats to start off with? But worse technical stats than their spanish counterparts on average? Obviously not all regens would be like this as that would be ridiculous. But is this right?

What is this 'player templates for different styles of player'?

The player templates should ensure a realistic spread of attributes depending on positions / type of player.

The national templates may influence the type of player he will be depending on the style of football associated with his country. E.g. Brazillians are likely to be high flair players.

Some will argue the national templates are not realistic at all, and there is a good argument for it, but I like the thinking of having a structure for creating players.

What is this 'player templates for different styles of player'?

There is a template for Pirlo/Alonso-type DMs, and one for Mikel/Diarra/Mascherano types. These will give them the attributes that sort of player needs, so 20 years in, there are still deep lying playmakers who can't really tackle and there are still powerful ball winners who are average passers. That's just one example- there will also be one that ensures there are powerfully build strikers who can also head the ball well, or that there aren't many defenders with very low concentration but high marking, positioning, composure and anticipation.

• 3 weeks later...

Just wondering if there was any way of determining what the 'National Trait Templates' are for each country.

I have been looking through the editor but it does not seem to allow the creation of a character based on a template, and i'm interested to see whether these traits are actually visable or can be used to build a character.

Also, does every country have a template, do Regions? and maybe if a country doesn't does it follow the regional template

Is there a list of the general traits per country

Are there templates for:

* country and position

* Country alone

* Position alone

* Region etc

Any ideas would be most appreciated :) as i'm actually thinking of creating a league of nations using only newgens, all with same CA/PA & positions

Archived