Stikers missing so many chances one v one with keeper.

Is it me or players just miss so many chances with one v one with keepers?

I have tested the demo with most of the big teams and still the same thing.

Currently playing with Inter and strikers misses so many changes with one v one with keeper.

It's starting to get annoying.

I mean I would understand it if the goalie saved most of them but they just kick it straight OUT ! come on now. At least find the goal.

Gotta say, i have not felt this was the case.

I played the demo with Liverpool and City and neither Torres nor Tevez had any trouble with one on ones.

I would however agree with Cayhn's point about long shots. Anywhere between 30 and 18 yards seems a prime spot for a blast into the top corner.

Happened way too often in 2010, headers aswell how many headers do they blaze well over the bar from 6 yards out? it's ridiculous really, the further you're away from the goal the easier it is to score on FM, you miss 1on1's and blaze 6 yard headers over the bar yet score 30 yard screamers as if the other team didn't have a GK.

Is it me or players just miss so many chances with one v one with keepers?

I have tested the demo with most of the big teams and still the same thing.

Currently playing with Inter and strikers misses so many changes with one v one with keeper.

It's starting to get annoying.

I mean I would understand it if the goalie saved most of them but they just kick it straight OUT ! come on now. At least find the goal.

A lot of my one v ones end up with Rooney lobbing the keeper usually scoring or hitting the woodwork. I think he had about 10 lobbed goals at the end of my demo.

I agree with this also. Just won 4-0 with all 4 of my goals coming from long range, Gerrard scored 3 screamers from between 25-35 yards and Konchesky rammed one home from about 30 yards. Torres also incidently missed two glorious one on ones.

I'm still playing FM10 but I've found the "Try to round keeper" to be quite useful and nowadays always train the strikers to use this. Obviously they will not do it every time they get a one-on-one but they're a lot more effective than without it.

/JB

To be fair I haven't noticed one v. ones missed SO often but what I haven noticed is that when your winger/amc/striker is clear on goal there's a better chance he'll miss rather than score. Also I don't think long shots are such a big problem as they were in FM 10 at launch. It's nice to see long shots going in every so often and it seems to me that only if your midfilder has a good (13-14+) rating do his shots go in with some regularity.

I started a new game in the welsh league with TNS, but cant get my head around these tactics, Now I was pretty good at previous versions of ironing out chinks in teams, havent won a game in 12 with TNS, I mean pre season friendlies were against far better teams and I got beat 11-1 on aggergate by bohemiens in the champ league. but for some reason I cant get my head around the set up. Its the same as last year but my old style 451 isnt working and the newer stuff Im coming up with is a fail. the current familiarity with tactic is quite good, but not sure where to focus my training, and how the new tactics will set up

Sounds like patch is going to fix it.

- Made players more likely to round keeper when clear on goal

- Also made players less likely to shoot too early when clear on goal

These are the two things i was annoyed about.

& Yea the annoying thing was, they would score from out of the box and find the goal most of the time but fail one v one with keeper?

Do they get too excited and don't know what to do so they kick the ball out >,<

Oh well, Full game release with the patch sounds a lot better.

3 more days to go.

i have found this, i have also noticed that strikers never try and round the keeper even if its one of their preferred moves, i'm sure this issue has been in fm for a few years now too

i had defoe round the keeper 3 times in 1 match in a european game, the return leg he did it twice more.

Archived