Near Post corners goals. A new bug?

I'm glad there are corner exploits, since the game rips you off and makes it so hard to score normally while the CPU just run up the pitch and tap it in, I'm sick and tired of losing a goal with the first shot on target against me while I have 15+ shots, 5+ CCC's and the GK is superman, so yea this is when corner exploits are good and besides, it's not really an exploit Scholes used to do this for UTD years ago, stand outside the box and fire them in.

I'm glad there are corner exploits, since the game rips you off and makes it so hard to score normally while the CPU just run up the pitch and tap it in, I'm sick and tired of losing a goal with the first shot on target against me while I have 15+ shots, 5+ CCC's and the GK is superman, so yea this is when corner exploits are good and besides, it's not really an exploit Scholes used to do this for UTD years ago, stand outside the box and fire them in.

If you cant score then im sorry to say but its your tactics. I have no problem scoring (I am Man Utd though). Rooney has 22 goals in 23 games for me at the end of the demo.

As for Scholes, at his best he scored maybe 3 goals in a full season from 'lurking' on corners. Hardly prolific. In FM he could get aout 20 goals just from that. That is why it is an exploit. We all know its a valid way of taking a corner IRL. The point is that you get unrealistic results by using because it is exploiting the ME.

I have only noticed one or two near post goals, I haven't touched the corner tactics at the moment, so it is all default.

I am getting goals from corners against poor teams where the goalkeeper comes out, misses it and leaving an open net for my defender to score in. Doesn't happen against bigger teams though.

Never saw this on FM10 (probably happened, but I missed it), but it happends a lot in real life, glad to see it is implemented into the game.

If you cant score then im sorry to say but its your tactics. I have no problem scoring (I am Man Utd though). Rooney has 22 goals in 23 games for me at the end of the demo.

As for Scholes, at his best he scored maybe 3 goals in a full season from 'lurking' on corners. Hardly prolific. In FM he could get aout 20 goals just from that. That is why it is an exploit. We all know its a valid way of taking a corner IRL. The point is that you get unrealistic results by using because it is exploiting the ME.

Whether Scholes scored 3 or 20 goals for utd using this method its hardly a corner exploit, its real life, therefore not unrealistic.but yeah he could hit 30 on the game due to exploiting it. Exploits in games suck

I agree on that.

Players using CA 195 strikers may have a different opinion, because all teams have CA 195 strikers in their squad .

Teams do actually score goals from corners in the real world.

In FM2010 if you weren't using the corner exploit, then goals from corners were quite rare, I'd often string games together without seeing one, despite consistently having 10 or more corners a game. While I haven't done numbers or anything, corners seem more likely to produce goals FM2011 - perhaps the default corner instructions are more effective for the attackers. It certainly doesn't seem a problem from my point of view.

I agree on that.

Players using CA 195 strikers may have a different opinion, because all teams have CA 195 strikers in their squad .

No teams have CA 195 strikers in their squad.

I've played with Reading and have no trouble scoring goals, which probably means the game is unrealistic ;) My best striker is Simon Cox, the West Brom player, who doesn't even get in his lower-Premiership side very often.

Players assigned 'attack near post' soring too easily because they were either unmarked or not closed down soon enough was already present in FM 10 10.3 for sure. Might have been for earlier ME versions as well. But its not as 'prolific' as the 'challenge keeper' exploit IMO. I wouldn't go as far as to say it is a cheat or exploit, but it is certainly unrealistic, as how often do you see a corner driven low or at chest-level to the near post being controlled well and given time to line-up a shot? Think SI need to either make the 1st touches heavier/increase the amount of pressure on the player or make the player attempt the shot 1st time under pressure instead of taking a touch (which IMO happens more often in real-life).

After a few goes of the demo i've actually had more luck with the far post delivery - I suppose with a stronger team you;re going to get more corners and make use of any 'easier' routes to goal, but from what ive seen the corner/goal ratio seems like irl

It's not as big a problem as previous corner bugs have been, but it does happen quite regularly. It seems that there is often a big gap in the near post area (any man set to mark the near post appears to just sit on the post) that strikers can run into to belt in if it's delivered along the floor. I've put a man to 'close down corner' which stops the ball from coming in, but it might be useful to be able to set a man to mark the 'near post area' rather than the actual post (or both preferably!). When I play for my college team I position on the corner of the 6 yard box to (attempt to) stop that kind of ball being scored from. It would be good to be able to reflect this in the game.

Maybe if they fixed the headers so you actually scored from them, but I could honestly count on 1 hand how many headers I score from corners in a season yet when you watch football it happens alot, set-pieces are huge in football often being the only way a team wins a match yet on FM unless you're using an exploit set-pieces are a joke, the guy saying it is my tactic is hilarious, you think I base my opinion on 1 tactic with 1 team? I've made dozens of tactics and tried dozens of teams and it is always the same, my tactic doesn't mean my strikers have better headers. This is based on FM2010 btw I've still not tried 2011.

You know how to stop it from happening? Don't use the corner setup that exploits it :rolleyes:

If it happened a lot with a default corner setup then you would have reason to complain but it clearly doesn't.

Using it and complaining is akin to saying "I went into the editor and gave all my players 200CA and I win too easily SORTITOUTSI!!!"

I think the problem is the % of accuracy players have from corners when it comes to near post.

I think I'd need some statistical help but isn't it more probable for a player to score a corner when it is aimed towards a player in the 6 yard/penalty area than it is aiming towards far/near post when it comes to real life? If so, this is something that needs to be looked at

Archived