Passes???

This might just be me but i'm finding that my only my FBL/R are getting racking up passes?

I've tried playing narrow and through the middle with DLPM and CM Support as my target man to feet and they get 20-30 passes after a full 90 after bossing a game!

Its not that i dont have the players for it as i'm Man Utd. Carrick, Fletcher, Hamsik, Pires, Giggs, Scholes, Gibson. All good passers of the ball but can't seem to get them in the game?

Its happened with all 3 saves i've tried.

Happening to anyone else?

This has been discussed on the Match Engine thread started by Paul Collyer; basically what happens is that with a right footed CM, your LB will be an ideal out-ball when the CM is under pressure.

A real life example of this is Assou-Ekotto for Spurs, he touches the ball the most when he plays due to this (Opta tells me this).

It may also indicate that your forward players are not offering viable passing options and so the CM has nothing better to do than to knock it to the FBs.

I understand why the full backs would be getting the ball. What i cant seem to get around is why both my CM's pass the ball maybe 20-30 times each??

I've used 442, 433 old chelsea style and 4-1-2-1-2. I'll carry on messing about with it.

Archived