2010 and The AM?

Ok I am an experienced fm player and have always wondered this since fm05.

1st of all I take alot of time on my reserves and youths. I enjoy the game bringing a local kid thru the ranks or a players whos never tasted pro football before into the 1st team. I normally manage Barnet and only bring in 15/16 year olds or players who have never played pro before. Just how I enjoy the game.

And what I often wonder is when I make the AM copy my 1st team tactics how deep does that go? Is it just the main formation? Is it all the tactics also. And what about the individual player instructions?

Now Ive done a bit of testing and from what I have gathered everything is copied 100%. As I position certain players at corners and then watched a res game and waited to see the players postions and it did mirror the 1st team.

I have to say I was really dissapointed. As the 1st team is shaped and tweaked for them. If I have just played an away game I may have gone a bit more defensive. But if my reserves have an easy home game I dont want them going defensive? But at the same time I want them getting used to the tempo/width/style of the 1st team? Its a real tought one on how to do it.

just wanted to get a reaction or answer from SI or someone else that has this prob or may know a bit more?

Thanks in advance ;-)

The thing is, the width, style and especially tempo are tied very closely to how attacking or defensive you are. It's hard to be defensive with a fast tempo, because you'll lose possession. It's even harder if you're trying to control the game. It would be hard to make the players play in the same style with adjustments for defensive, attacking and so forth, unless you set each of those tactics your self a la the TC.

The thing is, the width, style and especially tempo are tied very closely to how attacking or defensive you are. It's hard to be defensive with a fast tempo, because you'll lose possession. It's even harder if you're trying to control the game. It would be hard to make the players play in the same style with adjustments for defensive, attacking and so forth, unless you set each of those tactics your self a la the TC.

Exactly. So my point is I dont want my reserves going defensive when I want them to attack. But I still want them to play close to the 1st team tactics. My point also beingif I have defensive set on th3 1st team tactics with counter attack and counter on and the reserves need to go offensive and attack how can I do this? The only way is to let the AM manage the game fully. But hes ideas on tempo, style etc may be very different from what I want them to play. You see my point?

i think the only answer to have that kind of control is to manage them as well. You cant really put your AM in charge but dictate to him how to play every single game.

But this whould take up so much extra time. I always watch the games on extended on my reserves and youths. and play full on 1st team. It would mean doing tactics/player instructions etc every game. ould take ages.

Still nobody knows if the reserves fully copy the 1st with regarding player instructiions etc. As I said I cheked it on corners etc but other player ones may be diff.

Ok I will try again lol. Bumping this rather than start a new thread. Does anyone but anyone know what the AM does with the reserves if you ask him to use current match tactics?

How deep does he go? Just the formation? Team tactics? Player ones? On corners and set pieces it seems to be mixed. I have seen them copy my corners positions etc and then sometimes it seems hes using hes own?

Archived