I'm very worried

LAST Friday i pre ordered FM11 from Amazon at £17.99 with £4.99 postage (Alot for postage), and it said it would come for THIS Friday before i bought it. Now it says this :S

Delivery #1: Ordered from Express Games

Dispatch estimate: 5 Nov 2010

Delivery estimate: 9 Nov 2010 - 11 Nov 2010

LAST Friday i pre ordered FM11 from Amazon at £17.99 with £4.99 postage (Alot for postage), and it said it would come for THIS Friday before i bought it. Now it says this :S

Delivery #1: Ordered from Express Games

Dispatch estimate: 5 Nov 2010

Delivery estimate: 9 Nov 2010 - 11 Nov 2010

Unless you are planning on dying between the 5th and the 11th, why worry? You will get to play the game.

Unless you are planning on dying between the 5th and the 11th, why worry? You will get to play the game.

But paying that postage i expect the game to come on release, and why would i want to wait when i can buy it from the shop?

Unlucky. But Amazon website is sometimes pretty hit or miss with it deliveries. Keep checking back would be my advice, I would also imagine there are a lot of people ordering the game from there too since they often give the best deals. First come, first serve kinda thing, possibly.

Amazon's delivery is awful, to be honest. I once ordered my dad a birthday present, gave myself two days spare (i.e. the package would arrive with two days to go until his birthday), and they didn't dispatch from Jersey until the day before his birthday. Missed by a day.

In my experience Amazon has always over-estimated the delivery date and got it to me early. You shouldn't pay 4.99 for postage though, even if you want it first class. I've gone for the free delivery and wouldn't be surprised if it arrived on Saturday.

Never bought FM online. Always want it on release day, and no shop can guarentee this. Would rather spend the day in the city buying a copy, or, this year for the first time, getting it from Steam on release day.

I feel for you. I'd be panicking up to the postman arrived on release day. Sad but true.

it's because it's not amazon who are selling the game, it's a private seller (Express games).

I saw the game at £17.99 and noticed it was not amazon who were selling it and stayed well clear. My game from amazon which i paid 1st class delivery for is scheduled for 5th November delivery :D

dont get it from Amazon! im currently regretting it, bought a game for my PS3 which was released on Friday and it still hasnt turned up, paid £1.99 postage and packing and still not here, went to my local post office and its not there either. now either Royal Mail or Amazon have c*cked up somewhere.

Amazon's delivery is awful, to be honest. I once ordered my dad a birthday present, gave myself two days spare (i.e. the package would arrive with two days to go until his birthday), and they didn't dispatch from Jersey until the day before his birthday. Missed by a day.

tbh it break down the delivery time before you finalise the payment, and was always spot on, i even choose always free deliveries not express one, i purchased around 20 items with no problem, but yes agree overall it take about 4-7 days in general

Archived