Your son??

Ive played fm games before but i havnt really had the chance to play a long career, my longest ever uis only 4 seasons. ive heard something about your son being in the game if you play it for a long whilie, i was just wondering if this is true and how long it takes and what is the best way to make this happen?

Thanks

I suppose technically you only have to play a season, but the chances are, as Tyoldinho said, 10000:1, so it's highly unlikely you'd get on ever, let alone in 4 seasons. It's the sort of thing where you don't actually care about not getting one, as the chances are so low. I forget about it, and am just happy when I get a half decent regen. If I ever did get one it would be cool though :)

I suppose technically you only have to play a season, but the chances are, as Tyoldinho said, 10000:1, so it's highly unlikely you'd get on ever, let alone in 4 seasons. It's the sort of thing where you don't actually care about not getting one, as the chances are so low. I forget about it, and am just happy when I get a half decent regen. If I ever did get one it would be cool though :)

I often adopt regens... only if they are good though!

I suppose thinking about it, your manager age would have to be old enough to have a son who is also old enough to be in the game. So if that is a factor, and SI stick to the legal age for 'procreation' then your manager would have to be at least early 30s for this to happen.

Does it only ever happen at the club you are currently managing? For example, can you have a son who end up as a re-gen for a different club? For example Paul Ince's son in RL plays for one of his former clubs, Liverpool (although, topically, he today signed him on loan at Notts County!). While Paul has played there, he has never managed there. Similar stores with Steve/Alex Bruce and Kenny/Paul Dalglish. Although I suppose at some point they all signed their sons to the club they were managing.

Just ignore me :p

I have heard that you can only get one after a player that you have signed has been at your club for 10 seasons, meaning that you would have to be at the same club for 10 years i suppose. Im not sure if there is any truth to this but two people on here who have had sons (in the game) have had 1 player they signed for 10+ seasons.

10 000:1!?! thats ridiculous, you'd think at least 1 in 20 manager's would have a son playing some professional level. Be cool if your son became a manager in the same league as you after he hung up his boots. Maybe we'll see it in the EPL one day, Alex vs. Darren- although PNE don's seem to be doing much at the moment.

I have heard that you can only get one after a player that you have signed has been at your club for 10 seasons, meaning that you would have to be at the same club for 10 years i suppose. Im not sure if there is any truth to this but two people on here who have had sons (in the game) have had 1 player they signed for 10+ seasons.

dont think so, my long term saves i have had countless players for over 10 years and never had one, if i had to guess id say i have had over 20 plyers for more than 10 years.

So how are you made aware of this being your son? Will he have your last name and you as a favorite person will there be specific details like news or something?

Also some countries do not have family names like mine so it wouldn't make sense for him to have family name same as my last name ( unless of course because I've lived so long in England or wherever I've adopted my last name as a family name ).

Last name and Favourite person, yep. I believe nationality as well. ie: in my game I'm Scottish and was managing Blackburn, my son was born in Blackburn but was eligible to play for Scotland. No specific details in the news or anything though

Last name and Favourite person, yep. I believe nationality as well. ie: in my game I'm Scottish and was managing Blackburn, my son was born in Blackburn but was eligible to play for Scotland. No specific details in the news or anything though

Not really bothered by the last name, just kinda funny. Could always view him as a much younger brother cause we would have the same last name or just adopted a family name ( foreign wife for example ).

Archived