How easy is fm11 ?

First of all i should say that this is the first new addidion of FM i have played since FM 2008, the main reason being my old computer was unable to run the recent additions so i have played FM08 ever since. Anyway i was wondering if it's just me or is FM11 supposed to be this easy ? At the moment i am managing Tottenham and have played 7 Freindlies won all 7, Prem league played 6 won 6 drew 1, champions league played 2 won 2. Now i know this is only the demo of the game but surley it must be much harder to win games or am i just good at it ?

My first impressions of the game are really good i like the depth of it and the way it looks and i really like the improvement regarding scouts and asst manager feed back.

Sorry maths was never my strong point played 7, won 6 drew 1 and in the champions league i played Bayern away and won 2-0 and i have just beaten Roma at home 3-1 and i played 70mins with 10 men. In the previous additions of FM such as FM 06,07,08 it took me ages to find a winning tactic etc. I get the feeling that it may be a little easier due to the pre set tactics in the game rather than having to keep adjusting the slide bars.

Also i think that i am used to a Spurs team that has a weker squad than in FM11 as in real life Spurs are trying to mount a title challange. I am going to give it a go with Wycombe and see if it makes any difference.

Saying FM is easy is.. is.. crazy talk!

Start as Hereford and win the Premiership in 4 seasons? You can't because FM isn't that easy.

FM is only as easy as you make it, sure start as Chelsea and dominate Europe by buying the best possible players, but you can make that a bit harder by having limitations. Such as; signing only under 21 players, or signing only British.

Hopefully you can see the point I am trying to make. :thup:

i play as liverpool, sign the best i can and i still struggle to win anything. my ability isnt the best with tactics but if there was an option to be a scout i would be world class :D in fm 2010 i think it took me 6 seasons to finally win the premiership with liverpool buying the best year in year out although to be fair i came close every year. losing on GOAL DIFFERENCE on the final day twice 1 point behind twice and 2 points behind just the once.

I agree all i was trying to point out was that in my opinion it just seemed .easier than normal. As i said at the start of the post i normaly play as a lower league team either in league 2 or below or i start as unemployed the only reason i started as spurs was because i am not used to the new format of FM. I can't wait to get the full version and have a really good go of it. Does anyone know if the demo saved game will be playable on the full version ?

I think this year version is to easy! I'm not a good manager and still a managed as Barca to receive only 2 goals in 16 league games(until demo is over), both goals were in a 2-2 vs Bilbao, so in the rest 15 games(also the game against Real Madrid) i received 0 goals!!! Ok, you guys will say i was Barca, and to try with a lower team, for exemple, Malaga, Hercules,etc. Fair enough, but in others FM versions(2007,2008,2009,2010) and theirs patches i had started also with Barcelona(my favourite team) and i wasn't even close on this kind of performance, or to beat Real M. with 3-0(like i did in this demo). So i think something is wrong, no team should receive 2 goals in 16 games, even Barcelona, Real M. , Chelsea, etc especialy with a low skill manager like me :)

And i didn't buy any new players!!!

ps: Sorry my bad english, not my first language.

In my opinion FM has always been a bit too easy to get back to back promotions. The number of people that fly from BSS or BSN to the EPL back to back is pretty high in careers, challenge and good player forum it is pretty common.

I finished the demo in 7th with Sunderland and no signings for me that is a lot easier than FM10 which I thought was very hard to start with.

In my opinion FM has always been a bit too easy to get back to back promotions. The number of people that fly from BSS or BSN to the EPL back to back is pretty high in careers, challenge and good player forum it is pretty common.

I finished the demo in 7th with Sunderland and no signings for me that is a lot easier than FM10 which I thought was very hard to start with.

totally agree with you on that one. Its probably down to the AI not building squads capable of challenging you in say 10 years

I know this is of the subject but as i am not used to playing the new style FM can someone tell me when my asst manager during games says "Defoe is used to playing at much higher tempo" how do i correct it as the only way i seem to increase my tempo is on the team settings rather than player settings. He always says that a player is used to playing a more direct game does that mean you increase the directness of the players passing or the teams as a whole. I hope that it makes sense

I know this is of the subject but as i am not used to playing the new style FM can someone tell me when my asst manager during games says "Defoe is used to playing at much higher tempo" how do i correct it as the only way i seem to increase my tempo is on the team settings rather than player settings. He always says that a player is used to playing a more direct game does that mean you increase the directness of the players passing or the teams as a whole. I hope that it makes sense

I would say "don't" unless you're going to base your entire game around one player.

First of all i should say that this is the first new addidion of FM i have played since FM 2008, the main reason being my old computer was unable to run the recent additions so i have played FM08 ever since. Anyway i was wondering if it's just me or is FM11 supposed to be this easy ? At the moment i am managing Tottenham and have played 7 Freindlies won all 7, Prem league played 6 won 6 drew 1, champions league played 2 won 2. Now i know this is only the demo of the game but surley it must be much harder to win games or am i just good at it ?

My first impressions of the game are really good i like the depth of it and the way it looks and i really like the improvement regarding scouts and asst manager feed back.

playing 8 games wouldnt mount any kind of suggestion to how your doing, play the whole demo then reflect

I have been thinking the same that the Demo is really easy, Started off as Santos manager and i had played 9 won 9. In one of those games i won 9-0 in a league game! surely the real game wont be as easy as this.

If that was in the state championships (which I believe it probably is) many of the teams are from the 3rd/4th tier. So depending upon who that result was against it may not be because the game is easy but that the opposition were!

Archived