Anyone else going to flog Rooney?

After his antics over the last couple of weeks I have soured on the thought of Rooney wearing the red of Man Utd and have decided that when I start up a game with Man Utd, the money grabbing bastard is going to be the first out the door.

Messed around with the demo and tried selling him to negative responses from the squad. Found this set up quite a challenge and I am going to have a go at this one when I buy the game (suitable replacements proved impossible to sign so looks like I am going to have to turn to youth/reserves).

Was wondering if anyone else was going to do the same?

After his antics over the last couple of weeks I have soured on the thought of Rooney wearing the red of Man Utd and have decided that when I start up a game with Man Utd, the money grabbing bastard is going to be the first out the door.

Messed around with the demo and tried selling him to negative responses from the squad. Found this set up quite a challenge and I am going to have a go at this one when I buy the game (suitable replacements proved impossible to sign so looks like I am going to have to turn to youth/reserves).

Was wondering if anyone else was going to do the same?

i'm sure fm 11 will provide plenty of opportunity for man utd fans to punish ronney.

Considering Liverpool's position i've decided to go after youth players for them rather than trying to sign top players for all of the weaknesses in the squad as it would be too expensive.

Having a look around on the demo it seems like there will be some quality young players to go after.

Why would you sell one of the worlds best strikers just because apparantly he asked for abit more money, which im sure none of you work at Man Utd so dont actually know the details. Thats like going to Arse and selling Van Persie because he "raped someone" same as Bramble.

Why would you sell one of the worlds best strikers just because apparantly he asked for abit more money, which im sure none of you work at Man Utd so dont actually know the details. Thats like going to Arse and selling Van Persie because he "raped someone" same as Bramble.

van Persie and Bramble were cleared of rape.

Rooney definitely did something (although nothing along the lines of rape, unless you're talking about the Glazers' bank account).

Yea will deffo make it more challenging - Which is why I kind of want to do it, gives me a reason to blood the youngsters straight away. Selling him could be hard though, tried doing it in the demo and all I managed to get was a season long loan from Chelsea!

DavePott - As a Man Utd fan, the way I have heard him speak about my club and its players and treat the manager is out of order. No one is bigger than the club, not even Wayne Rooney. The manner in which he conducted himself (even if it was orchestrated by his agent) was appauling. He is a great player but lets face it, he has had one season, ONE season where people could say that he is actually world class and all of a sudden this happens.

I genuinely hope that now that Ferguson's got him tied down, he will sell him at full price to someone like Real Madrid who love to throw money at big name players and that he'll use the transfer money to get in a couple of world class players (van der Vaart would have gone down a treat!).

People might be willing to forgive him, I don't think he's fit to wear the shirt. In game, there are probably a good 3/4 replacements that could be signed that would do just as well or better - So that is why he is going.

Because of the fact that he is purely motivated by money and has shown the club no loyalty (much in the same way he did with Everton and Moyes before he left). I guess Man Utd fans are the only ones that might feel hard done by and even then that number will be small.

I'm a Man Utd fan and don't want him in the team - Having tried to get rid of him in the demo and seen the consequences I reckon it will be a decent challenge and was wondering if anyone else was going to do the same.

filcom101 - Surely they would have lowered his loyalty rating from what it was in previous games.

with regards to Mr. Rooney: if you're after punishment, just give him every week a media bashing, let him be sub only, relegate him to the reserves...... when he is ripe, mutually undo his contract.... nothing to be gained though but some mental satisfaction.

filcom101 - Surely they would have lowered his loyalty rating from what it was in previous games.

No, because it happened after data lock.

Terry was also motivated purely by money and showed the club no loyalty. Berbatov showed Spurs no loyalty and was motivated purely by money, so was Rooney when he joined you, so have half your signings down the year been. Now, given that Berbatov (or Carrick, or whoever) showed no loyalty to Spurs (or whichever previous club), why do you assume they're loyal to you?

good point ..im not a man u or rooney fan but i remember last season was the 1st season he DIDNT have a dry patch. he was BRILL from AUG - MAY .but in all the 7 seasons before 2009-10 he ALWAYS had bad form somewhere in the year.......and i noticed the there is no mid ground ....the press in England is ether praising him or knocking him,,,,,,,

all these fans who are slagging rooney off at the moment are idiots I bet if he came on against City for instance and scored the winner everyone would be licking his ass again.

good point ..im not a man u or rooney fan but i remember last season was the 1st season he DIDNT have a dry patch. he was BRILL from AUG - MAY .but in all the 7 seasons before 2009-10 he ALWAYS had bad form somewhere in the year.......and i noticed the there is no mid ground ....the press in England is ether praising him or knocking him,,,,,,,

At the risk of sounding like an arrogant Man Utd fan -

1. In regards the examples of Rooney, Berbatov and Carrick whilst I am sure money may have played a role, you cannot deny that they were moving to a superior club with better facilities, Champs. League, title aspirations etc etc. Whilst I do believe loyalty is important, I am realistic and recognise that players want to win trophies at the highest level, at the time of the transfers that was not going to happen at Everton or Spurs.

2. If Berbatov was truely motivated by money he could have easily chosen to play for Man City.

3. My gripe with Rooney is not based on an assumption that every player will be loyal to Man Utd (I am very well aware of what happend at Everton). I am also aware that Everton gave him his big chance in the game etc. But I believe that he would have only achieved so much there and a move to a club that could offer League titles etc. would have been inevitable. United gave him a platform to develop into the player he is today along with the consequent money and fame etc. My point is, unlike at Everton, he is at the top with United, the club have done alot for him and he was already earning an extortionate amount of money - To justify holding the club to ransom by saying its in decline (lost the league by 1 point and were unlucky not to get past Bayern in the Champs. League last season) is out of order. He seems happy with the state of affairs at the club now that he's got his wage rise doesn't he? For all of the abuse Ronaldo gets, he at least showed some loyalty to the club by staying an extra year and signing a contract which meant Madrid would have to splash the cash.

4. Jackripper - I am merely voicing an opinion trying to get some football banter going - I don't appreciate being called an idiot because of this. I ultimately want United to do well, if he scores an important goal for us it is more than likely I will celebrate. That does not mean that I have forgiven him or still want him around, it just means United have scored a goal.

As a Spurs fan i will gladly admit that Carrick and Berbatov moved because it was Man Utd. I love my club dearly but Man u are one of the greatest clubs in the world, and we could've matched the wages(70-90k) if we had to.

I'd expect Modric, Huddlestone, Lennon or Bale to want to move should tap-up Fergie come in for them. That's just life. Or football rather.

Well as a United supporter I wouldn't move him on as he is one of the best strikers in FM (despite his real life form being dreadful for the past 7-8 months.)

But I doubt very much I'll be starting a save with Man United (haven't since FM08 as far as I can remember) so it's not really something I have to even contemplate. :D

Archived