Backroom Advice

Here's another interesting one...this seems like a really interesting feature within FM2011 that should give your staff greater personality but I was wondering if this is superlous? For instance, in my game my one coach suggests I should put Stephen Carr on an individual regime for him to concentrate on his corners whereas another coach doesent agree with this. Why would the one coach disagree with this? What could possibly be a disadvantage of me doing this other than he'l improve at corners?

Is there a disadvantage in that his other stats could go down? Or maybe he'l be less motivated?

there is, think about it, any time speant training on a sepcific area will mean less time speant on another area. Also that coach might not have great stats on that area, and a coach with good stats disagrees, so the one with lower stats may say he needs this training when really he doesnt.

i think that they should show there opinions for them to do say why they think that player should have that individual training regime, for example, your coach who says that Stephen Carr should take corners, he should give his opinions why he should be trying to improve his corner taking. and if someone disagrees then that coach should give his opinions to why he shouldn't take the corners.

I think it give players who might not know the players if there lower leagues to give you more ideas that he should or should not be doing what is suggested

totally agree with the above post

in my currrent save my two coaches very rarely agree. they both have pretty bad stats so its hard to say who is better.

clearly in real life the coach would offer some reasons to justify his suggestion or opposition to the suggestion

certainly an area that could improve.

I'm managing Arsenal, and Pat Rice disagrees with EVERY recommendation re. individual training any coach makes. I seem to remember the 'auto-object' being a feature of the FM10 demo or first version, which was subsequently fixed in a patch. So I think this is a boo boo on SI's part and needs to be sorted.

Archived