Training in FM2011

Been a long term player of FM2008 and always done my training a certain way but after playing the FM2011 demo, it's opened up a few possibilties for change and wondered what everyone else does.

What i normally do is split up my Reserves and First Team for training so the Reserves will be more intense to make up for less competitive games whilst the First Team will still be have a strong training regime but less streneous to stop the players picking up knocks. But in FM2011 it's split up by default to Forwards, Midfield, Defence and whilst you could argue, would a striker be training in defence I would imagine it's more important for the first team to be seperated with the reserve team to ensure they know each other inside out.

Or is this where the Match Preperation comes in? So you split them up according to position and they get to know each other whilst preparing for the match.

Be interested to read peoples thoughts.

You would need to adjust the players that are in the reserves to be on a heavier routine.

I think that they would still train as a team, even with it split into positional areas so they should still gel well. I think it has been split to make it easier to set training up for people who dont want to go into detail and just want to say attackers train in attack and defenders in defence.

I could, of course, be wrong!

I haven't bothered to try on the demo but I think the defenders, midfielders and attackers schedules are only default ones. If you want to set your training up in some other way then just create new schedules. The match preperation I think is not affected by the training schedules

Archived