Something wrong with agents?

i played as rosenborg and i tried to see if pires wants to join. he's free so i approached him to offer a contract but his agent said his client isn't interested in entering contract negociations with my club so i exited talks. then when i looked on pires's agent profile i saw i'm on disliked people. :confused: why? we didn't have any negociations. if we did and couldn't come to an agreement i would understand to dislike me but like this it's just like asking if the player wants to join my club and he said no. it doesn't seem right to dislike me just for that!

if u are on the dislike list of the agent, they will refuse to allow u to sign any player on their list by refusing to enter into negotiations for the contract.. SI really need to sort this shi* out.. it has cost me several players in my team and transfer as well...

• Administrators
if u are on the dislike list of the agent, they will refuse to allow u to sign any player on their list by refusing to enter into negotiations for the contract.. SI really need to sort this shi* out.. it has cost me several players in my team and transfer as well...

Cut the bad language out please. There is no need for it.

OP, There are a number of factors why a player might not want to enter contract negotiations.

OP, if you have a save from before this happens (before you make approach tot sign Pires and he dislikes you for no reason), could you head over to the Bugs forum and log it there, so we can have a look?

Thanks, much appreciated

Cut the bad language out please. There is no need for it.

OP, There are a number of factors why a player might not want to enter contract negotiations.

OP, if you have a save from before this happens (before you make approach tot sign Pires and he dislikes you for no reason), could you head over to the Bugs forum and log it there, so we can have a look?

Thanks, much appreciated

alright... it was just the s word lol... "re-tarded" gets the censors too for unknown reasons..... :)

the thing is, the agent is a refreshing addition.. i have to admit that.. but this "unhappy" and therefore refuse to speak to the manager and allow negotiations of contract is quite silly.. moreover, the reason for that is because he "dislike me" and i feel that is very unprofessional for an an agent (not that there are any professional agents who exist to begin with). the least the game can do is to ensure that the player themselves know of this occurrence (that the agent refuse to speak with the manager) so that the player can decide if they should retain the services of their agent as their representatives.

• 2 weeks later...

For me, this is the biggest problem in the game. I don`t think it`s a bug, since it`s consistent. It`s more like it was intended to work like this, but on it was based on the wrong grounds.

I had it happen for at least 20 times. Whenever you try to approach a player who doesn`t want to go to a low status club (in my case, Hertha), he won`t be interested in contract negotiations and when you exit talks, his agent will dislike you.

It goes as far as when the player ends up without a contract, you still won`t be able to approach him.

Using third party tools to reset agent relationship is the only way to remedy this.

• 1 year later...

I'm not a fan of agent's disliking managers to the extent that they will not discuss terms for their client, they make money by getting new deals for the player so to say thanks but no thanks on the basis that there were some imaginary harsh words said in the past is daft, cutting of their nose to spite their face.

For me the only time an agent should be refusing to speak to you is if you consistently decline to pay them a fee & even then this should be a very rare situation as they will still earn a fee from the player so to turn down a cut of their client's £15m contract because I refuse to pay them £250,000 is not right.

There also needs to be a mechanism in place so that you can go public with the reason why the talks broke down, if you can tell the press that the move did not happen because the agent was being greedy this could be used to get the player onside so that he tells his agent to get the deal done.

edit: as for agent relationship resets you'll probably need FMRTE, I'm sure someone on their forum will be able to help.

I'm not a fan of agent's disliking managers to the extent that they will not discuss terms for their client, they make money by getting new deals for the player so to say thanks but no thanks on the basis that there were some imaginary harsh words said in the past is daft, cutting of their nose to spite their face.

For me the only time an agent should be refusing to speak to you is if you consistently decline to pay them a fee & even then this should be a very rare situation as they will still earn a fee from the player so to turn down a cut of their client's £15m contract because I refuse to pay them £250,000 is not right.

There also needs to be a mechanism in place so that you can go public with the reason why the talks broke down, if you can tell the press that the move did not happen because the agent was being greedy this could be used to get the player onside so that he tells his agent to get the deal done.

edit: as for agent relationship resets you'll probably need FMRTE, I'm sure someone on their forum will be able to help.

I like the idea of being able to go public when this happens. There are a number of frustrating "Agent negotiation" events that a public airing would be good.

BTW, good luck in the Editors' Hideaway forum, I found it very unhelpful. Seemed to me they have little interest in "beginners" to the editing thing. They like to deal with the more lofty, less straightforward, questions.

- There needs to be more of a turnover of agents (eg. Players firing their agents due to not getting a move or new contract. )

- A search feature for agents. Filter agents that dislike you/ like you.

- Separate coloumn on your profile, with 'Favoured Agents/Disliked' like there is for managers/coaches. Hopefully when press conferences get sorted another one could be used for journalists, this would then make it easier to find the ones that like you so you can release a story to them specifically.

- Feature to go public about why contract negotiations broke down. (player demanded too much, not willing to pay that much, agent fee was too excessive, etc)

- Need to be able to interact with players more so. ('Would love to offer you a new contract but your agent is demanding far too much', 'we want to sign you but your agent won't negotiate reasonably') this could resulting the player firing the agent, or the agent responding by lower demands. Or, have the opposite affect. May only be usable on players you own (talk to them on the training ground). Players you wish to sign, you have to go through their agent regardless, that's the whole point of an agent. IRL though it's well known that managers have called players directly, so could be possible but couldn't be overused. Not sure how these would be implemented as I could see everyone just complaining about agents to players all the time. Maybe only when contract neg. break down, to a point.

i've been making noise about this since the first week this game came out. messi's agent shouldn't dislike me just because i get an offer accepted and he doesn't want to talk to me. if he doesn't want to talk to me that's fine but it shouldn't constitute for the agent to dislike me and then make it impossible to sign him. FM Tester you don't need a save game as you can make one yourself. chose a top club other than barca and try to bid for messi

i've been making noise about this since the first week this game came out. messi's agent shouldn't dislike me just because i get an offer accepted and he doesn't want to talk to me. if he doesn't want to talk to me that's fine but it shouldn't constitute for the agent to dislike me and then make it impossible to sign him. FM Tester you don't need a save game as you can make one yourself. chose a top club other than barca and try to bid for messi

To be honest agents are like that in real XD You seriously gotta watch more real football :p

It is a known fact that agents are very selffish and only do it for their own benefit. There was just last week a player who wanted to go a Scandinavian club but the agent prevented it because he didn't like the club.

To be honest agents are like that in real XD You seriously gotta watch more real football :p

It is a known fact that agents are very selffish and only do it for their own benefit. There was just last week a player who wanted to go a Scandinavian club but the agent prevented it because he didn't like the club.

The agent doesnt decide where the player signs; the player decides and the agent negotiates the contract. This is a ridiculous feature.

It's in the interests of the agent to faciliate a transfer, anyway, as it's how he makes the most money! It therefore doesn't make sense for (most) agents to stop transfers because of personal grudges.

Very few agents are powerful or influential enough are able to reject offers - agents like Mino Raiola and Jorge Mendes.

At the moment it does seem that the balance of power in transfers is reversed from real life. The agent should facilitate a move, not actively block it just because he has a personal grudge. Yes, sometimes a deal just won't be good enough and that's fair enough but too often the stumbling block is an annoyed or unreasonable agent.

I think feedback is what's important here. We need to be told more clearly why a transfer or contract renewal has broken down or been refused altogether. Does the player view yourclub as a step down? Is it just about salary requirements? Is it a personal issue between you and the agent? Also, agents need to be a bit more forgiving in general. A deal breaking down shouldn't cause them to instantly dislike you. Whatever happened to "it's nothing personal, just business"?

Archived