Steam release in North America?

I had pre-ordered the game several days ago, and as usual, there was a countdown for when it would unlock (indicating the Nov. 5 date). Currently, however, the countdown has been removed entirely and the release date says Oct. 10. Obviously a mishap or whatever, but can someone clarify what's going on with this as I don't want the 5th to roll on and still be having any sort of issues.

Thanks in advance.

I also see this on steam and would be very disappointed as I pre-ordered it on steam because of the release date. If I knew that it was going to be 5 days later I would of purchesed the game using another method.

Edit: Thought it said Nov. 10 so obviously something is messed up

As for the boxed versions on Amazon - I believe they will take some stock but it will be a little late. Their doing, not ours - apologies.

First I've heard of this will be very dissapointed if it is the case and will never be using Amazon again.

Though DBGamez took over my order hopefully it will come for friday.

Man, it seems like every year this happens. I recall that last year or the year before, the North American release date was pushed back to the following Tuesday since that's when games come out here. Is the same thing happening this year? If so, why not just tell us that from the beginning rather than springing it on us at the last minute like this?

Bit of a long shot maybe..... but if SI discover that North America/Russia or whoever have released it early, will the release date be brought forward for the rest of us?

Surley this would just encourage unscrupulous characters to release the game early? Don't think this would really be in SI or Sega's interests. Others shouldnt really be dictating when their product becomes available

It is the first game I bought and preordered on steam, and I would like to know if anyone knows when the preloading start, because I have a slow connection and would like to start downloading as early as possible, and I don't want to leave the laptop turned on just waiting..

Available: 6 November 2010

This game will unlock in approximately 4 days and 9 hours

This is current on Steam for me, that would be 5am NZ time on Saturday...That would really peeve me off, as I ordered from Steam so I could play at Midday NZ Time of Friday 5th...Same time as everyone else, anyone know why this has happened?

Amazon's North American release is the 16th, I believe, because they are importing FM from the UK and will then resell it. Since it won't ship from the UK until the 5th, they are giving themselves time to get the boxes before they release them on a standard, North American Tuesday...

Genre: Sports, Simulation

Release Date: Oct 10, 2010

Grand Rapids, MI

Had said the 5th like everyone else, not sure when it changed, just noticed as this thread popped up.

edit:

I go to-

Steam Store

*search box*

Football Manager

*click on FM 11*

release date there says as stated.

My Steam account still says the release date of 5th of November. And the game will unlock in 4 days 1 hour.

and if you truly are in newcastle and think its part of north america............................................

Thats because you're in New Zealand, Lower Leagues Rule, It gets released on the 5th in UK but you're many hours ahead so it turns out to the 6th in NZ by the time its released.

Ummm no, New Zealand is 12 hours ahead of London, so Midnight release there is Midday here, both on November 5th, so unless it is being released at 5pm on November 5th my "countdown" clock is also wrong...

Archived