New PC Build - How many leagues?

I'm actually feeling really guilty posting this, as I can't stand seeing these on the forums... I don't feel they encourage good conversation you know? But, I need some help, and I suppose that's what the community is for...

So, I've just built my new PC and these are the specs:

AMD Athlon II Quadcore - 3.10GHz

4GB Ram

1GB ASUS Graphics card

Windows 7 Ultimate x64

So, how many leagues do you think I could run with this setup? (I'm hoping to have a long term save, at least 50 seasons) So what do you think?

Thanks in advance all.

A lot i would imagine. But remember the further you go into a game, it does slow gown considerably. I wouuld load up the top two from the most popular European leagues, then a few of the top divisions from the lesser renowned leagues. And a couple of top leagues from the Americas.

A lot i would imagine. But remember the further you go into a game, it does slow gown considerably. I wouuld load up the top two from the most popular European leagues, then a few of the top divisions from the lesser renowned leagues. And a couple of top leagues from the Americas.

Yeah, I was thinking it would be a good number... but I was kinda hoping to start unemployed, and try and manage a team on every continent. I guess I'll need to pick the countries first :S Just wondered for a rough idea on numbers so that I knew how many countries I could go with safely :)

I'm actually feeling really guilty posting this, as I can't stand seeing these on the forums... I don't feel they encourage good conversation you know? But, I need some help, and I suppose that's what the community is for...

So, I've just built my new PC and these are the specs:

AMD Athlon II Quadcore - 3.10GHz

4GB Ram

1GB ASUS Graphics card

Windows 7 Ultimate x64

So, how many leagues do you think I could run with this setup? (I'm hoping to have a long term save, at least 50 seasons) So what do you think?

Thanks in advance all.

Fancy building me a PC like that? Ill give £0 down, and £0 over a a couple of months :p

How have you been getting on with the Athlon 2? I couldnt choose between that or the Phenom 2. I went with the Phenom 2 x3 purely because Phenoms are AMD's new flagship CPU and its the best you can get for under a tonne, even though I have read the Athlons are not to be sniffed at.

I can quite happily run 25 leagues at an acceptable speed on a 2.33ghz system with 4gb ram although only 3.3 is available to me since I am using a 32 bit version of windows. So I would imagine that you could run a few more than me since your using a 64 bit os.

Fancy building me a PC like that? Ill give £0 down, and £0 over a a couple of months :p

To be fair, this setup only cost me £300 including P&P and I used my own hard drives from an old PC. I think it was roughly £70 for the processor, £8 for wireless card... £20 for RAM, £12 for case erm... I can't remember not had much sleep (Check response to next quote for why). :p

How have you been getting on with the Athlon 2? I couldnt choose between that or the Phenom 2. I went with the Phenom 2 x3 purely because Phenoms are AMD's new flagship CPU and its the best you can get for under a tonne, even though I have read the Athlons are not to be sniffed at.

It's good so far, but I only built it friday night, and only got it working properly yesterday evening :p Athlon's and Phenom's are very similar in my own experience though, and Phenom is simply sort of a way forward, but you won't notice the NECESSITY of Phenom over Athlon for 5 - 10 years. But £70 for a quadcore processor... Athlon seems a pretty good way to go!

I can quite happily run 25 leagues at an acceptable speed on a 2.33ghz system with 4gb ram although only 3.3 is available to me since I am using a 32 bit version of windows. So I would imagine that you could run a few more than me since your using a 64 bit os.

How many seasons in is that 25 leaguer though? Because on my 12 year old DELL (seriously useless :p) I could run like, 80 leagues well for a season (ok, it was slow, but playable :p) but the second season started and it would take like... an hour and a half to just process a day :p (exaggerations and guesswork, but you get my point)

Archived