Ridiculous Wage Demand Mark II

Im currently playing as Wolves on the FM11 demo and I think the agent system is absolutely brilliant, but i was shocked to see that John Utaka's agent demanded £120,000 a week as well as a £1.7 million agent fee! So thats just 20 grand more than Didier Drogba earns, worth a punt ya think?!

You just need to negotiate a bit I just had a mess around and got Utaka down to 62k a week which is what he earns already. Some deals may seem over priced but over all getting a players wage demands down is a lot easier than on previous FM's.

John Utaka’s salary is ridiculous. Though not the most trustworthy, Utaka and Peter Storrie came out to say that he is on £28000 a week. The crazy £60000 - £80000 a week salaries quoted were actually a snapshot of what he got with bonuses when winning the FA Cup and European Appearance bonuses.

[http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/8519800.stm

My favorite so far is Gary Neville. Despite being constantly injured now and at the end of his career (or done depending on who you ask), he seems to think he warrants a wage increase and won't negotiate to even what hes currently on. Sorry Gary, I appreciate what you've meant to the club for more than a decade, but perhaps its time to retire and go into coaching. Fortunantly, I haven't had this problem with Scholes or Giggs (Giggs will even take a wage cut to stay) so I was able to keep both on.

Overall though, I haven't had too many ridiculous demands. Most of the time through negotiation you can get older players down to their current contracts or less. Younger players on the rise usually want more, but I haven't encountered many players currently on say 20k/wk that won't accept contracts less than 75k (they will initially always ask for it though), so the system seems to work fairly well. It will be interesting to see if this changes in the full version if our clubs get huge balances like in the past and the agents know it.

In general, wages really only seem to be an issue if you want them to be. I never settle on any one player. If someone gives me super high wage demands and is unwilling to negotiate, I just move on to the next prospect. No one is bigger than the club :)

Archived