Italian C2 Relegation & Promotion In FM11?

It seems a large number of Italian lower league teams were relegated from the professional leagues at the end of the last season due to being financially insolvent. C2A/B/C should have 18 clubs each, but not enough teams were prepared to rise to the occasion and only 17, 16 and 16 teams will be partaking in the forementioned competitions this season.

I don't know what the course of action will be IRL, but I guess one could predict that, should it be possible, the vacant league spaces will be filled next season by not relegating the bottom of the table clubs and/or promoting a required larger number of teams from the divisions below.

Does anyone know if the C2 competitions will expand to 18 clubs after the first season in FM11 (and how)? Or is it just set in stone the divisions will consist of fewer than 18 clubs?

It seems a large number of Italian lower league teams were relegated from the professional leagues at the end of the last season due to being financially insolvent. C2A/B/C should have 18 clubs each, but not enough teams were prepared to rise to the occasion and only 17, 16 and 16 teams will be partaking in the forementioned competitions this season.

I don't know what the course of action will be IRL, but I guess one could predict that, should it be possible, the vacant league spaces will be filled next season by not relegating the bottom of the table clubs and/or promoting a required larger number of teams from the divisions below.

Does anyone know if the C2 competitions will expand to 18 clubs after the first season in FM11 (and how)? Or is it just set in stone the divisions will consist of fewer than 18 clubs?

If I remember correctly from what we decided in betatest in the rules document I think that in the second season C2 groups should be enlarged to 18 but I'm not 100% sure.

Edit: I'm almost sure that after the first season Italian Serie C2 and Italia Serie C Cup should return as in old rules so teams will be added to reach the 18 teams per group. When I was tester in past years I have passed much time to write the italian rules document and I think that the italian tester that replaced me this year has done a good job.

Reading the C2 relegation rules from FM11, only 4 clubs combined will be relegated from the C2 after the first season. For the groups to have 18 teams, 9 clubs will have to be promoted from the level below. This is the same amount of promoted teams as in previous seasons.

I was kind of hoping there would have been a larger number of promoted teams so there would have been a greater chance for clubs with low reputation to be promoted to a playable level. Basically all the clubs I would prefer to manage in one of those ”holiday” challenges have a pretty low reputation. :)

Are you sure GanRob? The way I interpret it is that 2 will be relegated from C2A and 1 from C2B and C2C.

Ops, i'm sorry, I read better and you are right.

Btw I'm sure that the organic in the second season will be of 18 teams per group.

So 4 teams relegated and 9 teams promoted.

Sorry.

Archived