Man utd v Wolves

I was just curious, if i play an under strength team on fm like Man utd v Wolves last year would i get fined in the game ?

And i'd also like to add, why havnt manchester united not got fines this year ? Hmmmm ? they changed every single first 11 member in there match v Wolves the other week, therefore being an under strength team ?

No I don't think you would ever get a fine. The fine handed down to wolves was a suspended one. Apparently 'bigger' teams won't get a fine as they are able to replace their first 'IX' with players who are 'better/equal' to 'smaller' teams.

On a side note the fine should have never been handed down as it is up to the manager to decide on what team to send out for the benefit of all the team throughout the season. I think Mick got his fine as he was so blatant about it.

I don't think FM would be capable of making that decision. It can barely differentiate between "injured" and "dropped".

And on the real life incident, I thought it was a disgrace. What's the point of having a squad if a manager cannot rest his first-IX when they are tired after a tough weekend game? in FM terms, I imagine most of his squad will have been around 80%. I know he may well have written that match off as a loss, but if he chooses to field a weakened side it's his choice. Same as if Fergie plays his youth side against a League 2 side and loses.

This was a laughable decision by the PL to fine wolves, Mick decided to rest players as going into the game so they would be fit for the game against Burnley, low and behold we go on to beat burney. Had we not we may of been relegated.

Mick was nearly sacked over this decision as a lot of players wanted to play at old trafford and werent given the opportunity. Whilst I understand their frustrations, the manager always picks the team

Archived