How many saves per year do you make?

There are so many different teams to manage; Off the top of my head i'd like to manage Spurs, Man utd, Sunderland, Everton, Chelsea, Ipswich, S'oton, Leeds, Psg, Napoli and also in the J-League/South American leagues. It's tough to choose because one can only devote so much time to a computer game!

How many saves do you make on average per year?

In the last 3 years I have tended to do maxiumum of 3 saves, normally 2.

Prior to this I would have done a few more.

This year I am intending to stick with my 1st save for as long as possible. To do this I am going to load as many leagues as possible, to ensure there are no boundaries to the in game challenges I set myself.

Normally two or three. I'll play first as Spurs and get used to the game. Success can normally be achieved relatively quickly. Then I'll head down the leagues, either to MK Dons if I'm feeling wimpy or if I'm feeling bold I'll go with St Albans City and try to take them to the Prem.

I start with one of the big English teams (decided on Liverpool this year) and do 2 or 3 seasons with them, then I'll start up a save with a mid-table-ish team in the top division of Spain, Italy or Germany and play that until I'm bored (usually lasts longer than my Premiership save), and then I usually pick a team from one of the bottom-most leagues in England and turn that into my main FM project. This year I plan on being more mercenary and hopping between clubs and countries and eventually making use of the new dynamic league reputation feature that I've been anticipating for years.

20/30.

I like to try plenty of teams, only from England though.

Villa, Blackpool, Wigan, Wolves, West Brom, Qpr, Portsmouth, Swansea, Ipswich, Brighton, Huddersfield, Rochdale, Rotherham just some of the names, most likely I'll try.

Usually (apart Portsmouth) any team that's not in debt or very small debt, I'm usually willing to take a crack at.

I usually have loads of saves but for FM11 I'm just going to try and stick to two saves one with Man United to start with so I can get used to the game then 1 long journeyman save after the second or third patch is released.

How do people only play 1 save....I find that amazing over 12 months...I play one at a time and 80% of them fail but that's beside the point!

Whats a fail?

You get sacked and you apply for other jobs.

As for me, much the same as a lot of others - usually two or three per release.

I can't even tell you how many saves I create a year. It's far too many to remember.

I usually play a few that last more than 5 years in game or so, this year those would be...

Liverpool

Bayern Munich

Preston North End

Rangers

Leicester City

One, as long as my computer/game doesnt crash.

I sometimes do a network game with my mate.

Iv always wanted a long game, I dont mean 20 years, I mean 50/60 years.

On FM10 I got my local team Worcester City to premiership and UEFA CUP glory by 2024ish? I was only a couple of seasons away from being content to leave it, after Iv won the Champions Cup and secured myself as the best team in the world, but my computer broke. Not that I would have left it im sure

I find it very difficult to stay interested when im managing abroad, but on the other hand I dont get demoralised when the 'real' players have all gone and Im left with Newgens unlike a lot of people, so long games at one team suit me down to a tee

2 long term game saves only.

Start as Bristol city on one as my hometown club - wait until it gets boring winning everything and having loads of wonderkids (usually around the 2034 mark but has come on previous versions by 2025)

Other save is Fleetwood Town as my missus is from there and will work my way through. My fm10 fleetwood save went well and into 2086 but stopped due to fm11 demo

On fm10 I went through quite a lot, most not getting past a couple seasons. Settled on 1 long-term game as Rushden & Diamonds and did around 15 seasons. This year I will probably be the same, in-between games until the final patch is out and then have a long term game with R&D again as well as San Marino in the lower Italian league.

I find it hard to get into a long term saving knowing another patch will come out while I'm still playing it and I lose motivation to keep at it, even though when you play lower league it really doesn't matter so much.

Loads :)

On FM 11 I'm going to start with Man United (carry on my demo save) and then I'm going to do a Britain and Ireland journeyman probably starting with Cork city :)

I'll also have loads of random saves with clubs like Atletico, Spurs, Newcastle, Boca Juniors, Barcelona, MK Dons, Millwall and Accrington.

I'm just starting a new FM 10 save as well :D Gonna try and get through two seasons (at least) with a League 1/2 side

Depends on how much I get into it. On FM07 I had a few saves until I managed Athletic Bilbao and played that for over a year. On FM06 I had two saves , one was a career game the other was with FH in Iceland which I still play now occasionally. On FM09 and FM10 I never really got into a game and went past two seasons, starting a lot of saves on both games but getting bored after less than half a season.

One save that lasts though there might be a few that don't last long or even get off the ground, usually if I want an official 'diversion' save (which is taking as long as it did to get the hang of one main save) or for a challenge or something. Might see if I can stick to the one and just the one this time but I'll probably end up getting involved in other things.

I usually have two or three old standards (Juventus, Palermo, Pro Vercelli) that I play every year, but occasionally the mood strikes me to go elsewhere.

Usually I start with Palermo to have fun and learn the nuances of the new game, then play Juventus once the patches and data updates are in. Once they've won the Champions League, I go on a 7-season crusade to bring Pro Vercelli back to the heights.

Archived