Tactics in match prepartion

If you were using 442 standard as your starting tactic you would put this in your match prepartion under tactics to get your players familiar with it. However if you used 442 attacking, 442 defensive as well would you need to put these in the 2nd and 3rd sections of the match prepation tactics for your players to be familiar or not as they are a variant of the 442 standard. The reason I ask is I generally use 442 in standard, defense and attack, which would take up the 3 slots. However I also wanted to train my players at 532 and 433 during pre season to see which formation best suited them. Could I set up 442, 532 and 433 in the match prepation slots without it affecting the attacking/defensive variants or do I need to train in each variant which looking at the set up would take forever for the players to become familiar

You'd enter them as separate tactics. However, because they are similar, the squad would learn them both quickly. After the squad has learned one set of 3 to your satisfaction, you can change them for 3 more. I think they'd retain their familiarity with the first set.

I did this re variations on 442 and when you click on tactics to see how they are developing there is a difference re accomplished/fluid and competent. So yes train all 3 then add other formations when you feel happy with those formation results.

K

Archived