Wizard tactics, Player roles

I have to say in all the years iv played football manager games in general with the current tactical instructions available it can be confusing to know whats best as a set up with out alot of practising..

Trouble i have i'm still old school, i have to still create my tactics the old way using sliders etc, when trying to create tactic via the wizardi feel instruction given by the wizard controdicts instruction's i have been giving players for years. i would really like to play the 4-2-3-1 formation but just find the Sc and AMc are rubbish in these roles, iv tried down loading other people's 4-2-3-1 tactic where they claim they were superb and have screen shots to prove how easy they won the league.. I find when i use them i'm getting hammerd, i see my team play better using my own 4-2-3-1 tactic..

May be my players are rubbish and i expect to much which brings me to another question.. Managing Liverpool looking ta the players hidden attributes it's hard to actually go out and but better players if you take Consistancy and big game stats into consideration.. Caragher is in the top 4 CB's in the game for having the best to combined stats in this area and there certainly are not any players with the same stats as him in the game which alos has the same 2 hidden rating's..

To become better than i am at FM do i really need to start using and understanding the player roles and wizard as apposed to keeping old school..?

may be i'm impatiant or in to much of a rush, i guess i'm a thickle football maanger player where i'm quick to be upset when my team are not doing very well, and i blame my own tactics as beeing rubbish, thing is i have no extra knowlegde as what to change for the good and iv read T&T so many times but i always end up doing what i know works for me, but if i was to pit my tactics against a mirrord team from a another person's tactics id prob say i was gonna lose..

Currenl;ty on FM10 and FM11 i cant get Torres or Gerrard to perform any where near like they should do yet Babbel i can get t play like a god, im puzzled.

In what strategy do you play Torres and Gerrard? What roles do you give them? How does the team around them look? Torres underperforming is nothing new (just look at how liverpool has been doing IRL), but it usually has to do with not feeding him enough balls. Babel playing great is also not too weird because he's really a quality player. He just never had a chance to build up a playing rythm in liverpool.

Without solid examples it's difficult to give advice.

for torres to play well in the game and not babel, i say this because tores has 17 for consistancy while bable only has 8 or 9.

In terms of the other players i do alter there setting's depending on game situations, as a rough example i would say if i play 4-2-3-1 i will play with 2 holding DMS one defend and one support, Inside forwards or 1 winger, then the AMc will be advanced play maker then the striker i will alternate his role depending on in game play and there perfomances.

Archived