Preparing to raid!!!

Have you ever seen a club in one of those 'train wreck in motion' seasons? Well this season Arsenal are in 19th place 20 matches into the season. To their credit they have gotten above 20th now. Actually here are the tables 15 and 20 matches in:

15 Matches in

20 Matches in

Now, as for the players I'm after.

Fariña

Good young striker, quick, decent in the air, composed and with Carroll, Zeefuik and co on their way out he will be worth getting.

Valenzuela

Fairly good midfielder, young and has the ability to be another goal scoring midfield. However, he is severly lacking in the air and he is a fairly few signing for Arsenal. But he might do a decent job.

Field

Here is the main article, great young defender. He's not slow, he's actually good in the air and even has the mental atributes. I feel a £20 million bid coming over the summer. I just missed out on him a season ago, but he is yet to really help Arsenal.

Any thoughts on these players, and has anyone else been preparing for something like this for ages?

Assuming you are Derby there at the top, it will depend on the players' reps. Even relegated Arsenal has a higher rep than Champions Derby. One of the flaws of the game.

In my old Leeds save, Man U were relegated, but did 30 year-old Eto'o want to leave the Championship for the new European and CL champions? Of course not. I know the two clubs are fierce rivals, but come on. Alan Smith, lifelong Leeds Utd fan, went the other way when Leeds were relegated.

In your game, if Arsenal are relegated (and they probably won't be with players like that), if you can hold off until the transfer window opens and the next season's league fixtures are announced, you might get them cheaper. You'll still have to offer them a heck of a lot in wages in my experience.

Perhaps give them some praise toward the end of the season, see if you become a favoured person.

but did 30 year-old Eto'o want to leave the Championship for the new European and CL champions? Of course not. I know the two clubs are fierce rivals, but come on. Alan Smith, lifelong Leeds Utd fan, went the other way when Leeds were relegated.

I should probably mention that it is 2020. I have also taken a few of their players as they were dropping down the table over the last few seasons.

Nielson

Panis

Also, as for reputation, I think I'm safe in the assumption that I am by far the most highly rated team of the face of the planet.

Here are the League placings for both teams since the start:

Derby: 17, 7, 4, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1

Arsenal: 3, 1, 1, 3, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 7

I can't be bothered mentioning the other titles. Simply put, I could sign these guys no problems on personal terms, it's really down to Arsenal being forced to sell them, and in truth the only important one is Field.

Archived