French work permit rules?

Can anyone inform me on the rules within France regarding work permits?

I'm just wondering because I can't decide where I want to start when FM11 comes out, I want to be in a country like Germany where the work permit rules are much less strict and I can sign players from all over the globe without the risk of a work permit failing.

Ideally I want to start in France this year but if the work permit rules are like the Spanish or English one's I'm not keen on starting there.

Work permits and foreign player limits are not the same thing. France has a limit on non-EU players (maximum 4 for Ligue 1, 2 for Ligue 2, 3 for National, I believe), but also has agreements that allow Africans to be considered "EU-eligible", although it is a misnomer.

Thanks to Africans being excluded the non EU limit in France really isn't much of an issue as long as you know the rules and plan accordingly. Plenty of South American players have a European passport as well and just how many guys from North America, Asia and Oceania are you going to sign realistically ?

You can check what nationalities of players dont require work permits by going to the league and selecting the rules tab. At the bottom it shows 'Nations treated as EU'

You can also look on the list of nations page and see an 'Agreements tab' this is a comprehensive list of all nations under each agreement. Cotonou, European Economic Area and European Union.

I'm hoping a filter is included with the game to make it easier to find players that qualify. In the game right now you can filter your player search by EU National, if it would add Cotonou as an option too it would make looking for players when managing in a cotonou nation such as France or Denmark more streamlined.

I had a thread started a little ago hoping they could add this simple option.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/230649-Add-a-filter-in-player-Search-Cotonou-Nations

Archived