What is it like to manage a Spanish B Team?

The problem, though, is promotion. You can manage a B team, but if you want to get them promoted, you cannot get promoted to the same division as your parent club.

You will, I believe, have your own budget for transfers and such, and I think the team will have the option to call-up/send down players as they wish (not sure about this, as I've only played with Spanish A teams).

If you did take over Barcelona B in the far-off future and they were still in Liga Adelante, would it be possible to get promotion if Barcelona got relegated the same season you won the league? What would happen if Barca got relegated from la liga and you finished mid-table in Adelante, would you be auto-relegated?

If you did take over Barcelona B in the far-off future and they were still in Liga Adelante, would it be possible to get promotion if Barcelona got relegated the same season you won the league? What would happen if Barca got relegated from la liga and you finished mid-table in Adelante, would you be auto-relegated?

In both cases you would immediately be relegated.

You will, I believe, have your own budget for transfers and such, and I think the team will have the option to call-up/send down players as they wish (not sure about this, as I've only played with Spanish A teams).

You have your own budget.

You can call up any player from The U19's

You can request any player from the Senior Side that matches the criteria for a B Player

Sometimes the Senior Side will send a player to you

Sometimes the Senior Side will take a player from you

You have your own budget.

You can call up any player from The U19's

You can request any player from the Senior Side that matches the criteria for a B Player

Sometimes the Senior Side will send a player to you

Sometimes the Senior Side will take a player from you

So you can spend all your transfer budget on a great player then your A team can call them up straight away? How is that fair is that?

And if your A team sends down a young player whose wages you can't afford you would have a really tough time.

It must be really hard if that happens.

Having seen this thread I decided to give it a go on the demo.

I'm currently managing Real Madrid Castilla and it seems pretty interesting. I like the fact that you have ability to poach promising players from the other reserve & youth teams of your parent club, and the restrictions on who you can sign (no over 23s for Castilla). I also think that because you have to focus on youth I could really get into the game, as I would love the challenge of trying to find players, develop them, and watch their career if they get taken off you by your parent club.

I think there have been some good improvements over last year with the handling of Spanish B teams, but there are still some serious issues to work out. This isn't a dig at SI, as these 'semi-autonomous' squads are rather peculiar. I tried out Athletic Bilabo's B team, but gave up after pre-season when my star winger was called up to the main team (understandable and acceptable) and the ENTIRE 'C' team's squad was assigned to my team. The latter completely threw my carefully balanced wage budget out of whack, and I couldn't assign them back down to the C team (now repopulated with gray fake players). Ridiculous.

As much fun as I've had with Barca B and Bilbao Athletic, the quirky issues aren't worth the trouble anymore.

So do you have to deal with A-club call-ups and losing players all season? Or does your registered squad get "locked in" at some point? What a pain to have to search for players every week. I would like to play a long-term save in Mexico, but with so many affiliate B squads as possible jobs, I don't know if my frustation would get the better of me.

I think there have been some good improvements over last year with the handling of Spanish B teams, but there are still some serious issues to work out. This isn't a dig at SI, as these 'semi-autonomous' squads are rather peculiar. I tried out Athletic Bilabo's B team, but gave up after pre-season when my star winger was called up to the main team (understandable and acceptable) and the ENTIRE 'C' team's squad was assigned to my team. The latter completely threw my carefully balanced wage budget out of whack, and I couldn't assign them back down to the C team (now repopulated with gray fake players). Ridiculous.

As much fun as I've had with Barca B and Bilbao Athletic, the quirky issues aren't worth the trouble anymore.

This. I tried playing with Barca B and it's just too frustrating to press on. You have basically no control over your team. Which is great and all, but unlike the way the teams operate in real life.

Archived