What is the best setup for a really good journeyman career?

Hi,

In FM10 I had a really good career going with Chelsea, was the longest career I've had in a game of Football manager. In that particular save I only loaded up English - BSS/BSN, Scottish prem and La Liga. I think my iMac can handle more leagues but not sure which ones to load this time around. I would love to have save going that takes me all around the world. Im not at my computer right now so can't give you all the details of my comp. I do know that I have 2gb.

My questions are:

What leagues would you recommend?

Do I need to increase my memory to 4gb?

Cheers

Bucket

I had a pretty nice career on FM2010 on my iMac and MacBookPro that took me from the BSS/League 2 (season each) to the Irish leagues (3 seasons), to the Championship (10 weeks :/ ), onto the Argentinian divisions (2 seasons) and then into Serie A where i've stayed for about 5 seasons now.

What I try to do is load up the top two Spanish and Italian leagues, the full English system (as i usually start as an englishman, unemployed with sunday league experience), top two layers of Argentina and/Brazil and then a few second tier european leagues such as Portugal, France, Russia etc. After that I chuck in a few other exotic and smaller leagues such as Iceland, Ireland and Chile etc.

I haven't tried out any Asian or African leagues as I haven't really dabbled in downloading new countries and leagues such as Egypt and Qatar are the only the ones that really appeal to me. What can I say? I'm lazy.

With all those leagues loaded though I've never felt stuck for options or like i'm limiting my career possibilities. Plus, my iMac and MacBook breeze through such games having gotten well into the 30's this time round. My iMac is a couple of years old now and has 2gb of RAM whilst my MacBook has 4gb.

You thinking of starting a new game on 2010 or 11? With the league dynamics system going on this year though! Should make things even more interesting.

Yeah new game on 11 and also my iMac is about 2 years old now too. But if I increase it to 4gb, surely it would let me run alot my leagues? I'm scared that if I add too many leagues, do a few seasons it's then going to slow down on the processing speed!

Best to load up a smany leagues as possible; as long a sit doesnt majorly impact on the games loading speed

That will ensure you are not hit by any limitations in your career. I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 and normally load 21 leagues (the major Euoepean leagues and a few obscure European leagues.

This year I am going to try and load a few more obscure leagues from Africa, South America, Asia etc.

Yeah new game on 11 and also my iMac is about 2 years old now too. But if I increase it to 4gb, surely it would let me run alot my leagues? I'm scared that if I add too many leagues, do a few seasons it's then going to slow down on the processing speed!

My iMac is 2gb and runs big multi-league games fine right up into the 2030's. It could manage longer but i didn't quite manage to play for that long.

in FM10 i loaded around 40 leagues on an average lap top...

i was surprised by the general speed but my only issue was during a WC or EC year, the speed during this period was seriuosly decrease...

other than that i enjoyed successful managerial stints in Portugal, Germany, England, Ireland, Greece and Russia!

in FM10 i loaded around 40 leagues on an average lap top...

i was surprised by the general speed but my only issue was during a WC or EC year, the speed during this period was seriuosly decrease...

other than that i enjoyed successful managerial stints in Portugal, Germany, England, Ireland, Greece and Russia!

Cool and that was on a laptop? what memory have you got and processor?

I'm using a 2.66Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo. 2 GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

How many leagues would you think I could run?

Did you not find it takes an age to process though? That's what I dread - don't want to sit round waiting for the next match for ages!! Any tips on getting it quicker anyway?

To be honest i didn't. The only major load was at the end of the season when the leagues reset but the game never glitched out or crashed on me. I did keep a 5 file rolling save throughout just in case but never had to use it. The end of season loads weren't even that long. 6 minutes at most?

On top of all my active leagues too I also had a ton of leagues playing in "view only" mode for regens to come through from as many nations as possible and to make transfer dealings a bit more difficult.

I go way beyond my recommended set-up with a large database and a ton of leagues like i posted earlier. At first I did just to see if my mac could take it but it worked so well i just kept doing it. I've honestly had no problems with half-a-star set ups over decades worth of seasons.

Archived