Networking

My brother and I want to play Football Manager on two separate computers so we can do some multiplayer, we are having some difficulties though. We have two copies of FM07 and two laptops so we made up our server and started a game. When we used the second laptop to join the first, nothing appeared. I have looked at some videos on YouTube about and I saw that I should use a program called Hamachi. That didn't work either. I am asking if anyone can give us a hand here. We are playing over the same network, locally. We also tried to create a LAN game by connecting the laptops by ethernet by that didn't work either. I am trying to get this to work for either FM07 or FM11. All help apprecaited :D

Use Leaf Networks software.

Its free and works excellently with FM.

1. Create a Network on Leaf

2. Give User and Pass to your Brother

3. He signs in using user and pass

Join game the usual way in FM.

Cheers but do I start a network game by:

1. Setting up server with password

2. Set up game

3. Use other laptop and game is joinable?

1. Go into the 'Network' settings in FM and give the Network a name and a pass (Also give this to your Brother)

2. Select 'Run As Server'

When you Brother goes to join network game he should see your game listed. He will need to enter a password.

Leaf has to be up and running also with both of you guys connected

1. Go into the 'Network' settings in FM and give the Network a name and a pass (Also give this to your Brother)

2. Select 'Run As Server'

When you Brother goes to join network game he should see your game listed. He will need to enter a password.

Leaf has to be up and running also with both of you guys connected

Does it matter that we're in the same house using the same connection?

Archived