Friends on FM...

Just for some fun, who has friends that are actually on Football Manager?

(if you've shaken hands and got Ronaldo's signature, this doesn't qualify him as a friend...)

Who are they? Who do they play for? Are they any good on FM?

I have two good friends on FM...

Ed Upson...Yeovil Town

Darryl Coakley...Cambridge United

They are both rubbish...but at least they are on FM!

Robbie Williams, ex of Accrington Stanley - he might be at Stockport now, not sure - comes up as an unattached player you can sign on a free. Not a friend of mine, but he used to work at head office for the company I worked for and I had many conversations with him when he was part time at Stanley in the early 2000s.

I nearly signed him for Feyenoord for a laugh.

My mother used to work with Kevin Doyle in a resteraunt back in Ireland, before he made it at reading, so I talked to him quite a bit, haven't talked to him scince he moved to wolves though.

My all time favourite (Reading) player. Got a letter written by him, when at Reading, saying to keep up my work in the area coaching kids etc - was chuffed. Such a cracking bloke

Well Ive had the pleasure Of managing players when they were kids for them to then appear on my fav game a few years later lol.

It was CM/Fm from 20 years ago that got me really into managment and I trained and lead a few onto pro clubs.

Jabo Ibehre I got to Leyton Orient and hes now at Mk dons.

Also Nicky Nicolau who Arsenal signed and then hes been at about 5 clubs since lol. I think on fm 10 hes at Woking and defo at woking on fm11. Was at Barnet a few years in which I always sign him of hes not. He used to take corners for me and used to curl them in, scored 5 in hes 1st 12 games at u13 level lol. Then Arsenal took him on. And hes corners attribute still high lol. Awseome.

Also Anthony Wordsworth and Alfie potter both played for the same club I was involved with at the time. Potter being the one who scored for havant and waterlooville at anfield. Hes now at Oxford. on loan from Peterborough.

But the most famous is Joe Cole. Althought he only played in 1 tournament for me. Scored 16 goals from midfield in 6 games lol. He was amazing. all the players I have on my facebook and sometimes talk with them. I also used to go and watch Nicky at Barnet quite often and Jabo at Orient. Was great to see them playing pro after working with them as kids.

Also one other player who hasnt made it yet is raphael sylvester. He was at orient but I think hes free agent now. Was amazing player at u14 level. Scored 116 goals in hes last season for my club before joning Orient lol.

But saddest thing of all is the players who never made it. I had so many that were better than the ones who actually did in the end. So much down to luck and attitude.

Just for some fun, who has friends that are actually on Football Manager?

(if you've shaken hands and got Ronaldo's signature, this doesn't qualify him as a friend...)

Who are they? Who do they play for? Are they any good on FM?

I have two good friends on FM...

Ed Upson...Yeovil Town

Darryl Coakley...Cambridge United

They are both rubbish...but at least they are on FM!

hey Ed Upson had a great last game for barnet!

My all time favourite (Reading) player. Got a letter written by him, when at Reading, saying to keep up my work in the area coaching kids etc - was chuffed. Such a cracking bloke

He's sound out, my sister in law's parents live next door to Kevin's parents, needless to say he takes care of them.

Archived