Another release day patch question

I've seen that changes are being made to the ME in time for the release day patch, which is think is a great effort on behalf of SI. I was wondering if they can let us know what other changes are likely?

My main concern is whether or not there has been an opportunity to make the required changes to player interaction. I think this has the potential to be a really good feature, just as already been discussed here, there are some big problems with it at the moment. I saw an example where someone congratulated a player for a good performance, and 2 questions later the player had handed in a transfer request! Although not as ridiculous as this, I have had comedy situations like this most times I have tried to converse with a player through this feature. If it isn't fixed in the release day patch I would have to ignore this feature entirely up until it is eventually fixed, and that would be a shame. However, I couldn't face the frustration of getting into a long game only to have my star player hand in a transfer request because I gave him a compliment :p

To my knowledge...i understand that the release day patch is only to change Liverpools owners and finances...i could be wrong so people, feel free to correct me.

I also understand that the demo released is the actual code for the game...so i doubt there has been time to change anything like player interaction...

As far as I can remember, pretty sure Paul C said it was very unlikely there would be any changes introduced to the ME in the release day patch. There will probably be more changes and data updates than just the Liverpool fix but since nothing catastrophic came up in the demo I don't imagine there to be any major fixes.

My main concern is whether or not there has been an opportunity to make the required changes to player interaction. I think this has the potential to be a really good feature, just as already been discussed here, there are some big problems with it at the moment. I saw an example where someone congratulated a player for a good performance, and 2 questions later the player had handed in a transfer request! Although not as ridiculous as this, I have had comedy situations like this most times I have tried to converse with a player through this feature. If it isn't fixed in the release day patch I would have to ignore this feature entirely up until it is eventually fixed, and that would be a shame. However, I couldn't face the frustration of getting into a long game only to have my star player hand in a transfer request because I gave him a compliment :p

I've said in a few of my posts in other threads that the player interaction in FM2011 has potential to be great :), but I'm simply not buying the game until I've heard from forum users on here that the player interaction and the other big game affecting bugs (such as ridiculous agent fees/players becoming unhappy with not being played when they are actually on loan) that are affecting the majory have been fixed :thup: - to me there's not much point in starting a game save with those problems in the game because they will affect your game save massively... and not in a good way (many players becoming unhappy and requesting transfers and ultimately not playing well).

I'm with Dan on this one, I'm going to wait to see what the opinions are. From the things I have been reading, player interaction, agents fees and the ME need to fine tuned and fixed.

If they are fixed with the release day patch then great I will buy, if they are expected to be fixed with the second patch (due December) then I will wait on it and hopefully pick up the game in a discount bin.

Amendments to player intearction is under review as far as I know- whether they make it into patch 1 or have to wait till patch 2 is unsure. There will be a list of changes released at the same time as the patch.

So hopefully the youtube match highlights issue will be attemped to be fixed in time for Patch 2 correct ? would Patch 2 still be around a week before christmas ?

Archived