Laptop - Best Buy for FM and Work?

Hi everyone,

For Christmas I plan to buy myself (with whatever money I have and receive) a new laptop. I was wondering, for my sake and everyone else who may have this question...

Which is the best laptop you can get for FM (with good 3D mode) and to work from (as I am going to uni next year and am currently in college)?

Price limit is around £400

Thanks people :)

EDIT: Also if you could say why it is good that would be helpful.

Alright nice :) thanks for the post. If i dont get many other responses here ill probably just go get advice from pc world, as the probably know best (Y) was hoping some techy FMers would help me out tho :/

Well basically just heard from my Dad that my laptops motherboard is buggered so i'm going to need to get a new one, problem is that i only have around £350- i know i'm not going to get a top of the range laptop for that price but was wondering weather you could look around the internet and just see if there was a decent laptop for around that price- would be greatly apprciated- wont be playing fm on the 5th then

Hi everyone,

For Christmas I plan to buy myself (with whatever money I have and receive) a new laptop. I was wondering, for my sake and everyone else who may have this question...

Which is the best laptop you can get for FM (with good 3D mode) and to work from (as I am going to uni next year and am currently in college)?

Price limit is around £400

Thanks people :)

EDIT: Also if you could say why it is good that would be helpful.

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/244885

This might interest you but it's ex-display & there's only one available. I think it is value for money, Core i3 and dedicated graphics for £418

Edit: Ebuyer also have the same computer but not ex-display for £435, stock is decent.

Thanks "pelicanstuff" although if theres only one available, it wont be around for when Christmas comes around :/

What was good about the graphics on that laptop? What stuff did i have that others dont?

It has a dedicated graphics card rather than integrated so will run the 3D better. The non-display version at £435 that I edited into my post still looks like value to me. The processor is also much better than the Packard Bell laptop that was posted higher up in the thread.

Unfortunately good deals rarely stick around for more than a couple of weeks so it's unwise to bank on a deal that's around now being available then. It's also likely that you will see some new deals that are better than what you find at the moment as soon as the post-christmas sales kick in.

Archived