Will there be a great Britain team

Scotland, Ireland and Wales have all said that they do not wish for their players to participate in a GB team because they feel it would undermine their seperate football associations. They have however said that they will not stand in England's way of forming a team for the 2012 games though it will still be known as Team Great Britain but only consist of English players. There was a news article somewhere but i can't find it right now but what i've just said is pretty much the official statement in so many words if i remember correctly.

I think you'd have to ask what players from N.i, Wales & Scotland would even get into a GB, Maybe Gareth Bale & Aaron Ramsay because they are U23 Johnny Evans possibly too, but i can see it being a largely England dominated squad

True. Perhaps the reason they don't want to be associated with it is because not many of their players would get in ahead of the English players meaning it could be damaging their asssociations and their reputation.

This looks likely to be in the form of an exclusively under-21 England side - a change Fifa is expected to make from the current under-23 (plus three overage players) rule.

So it's being changed for the football teams (soccer) to be under 21's only with no over aged players

John Fleck, Danny Wilson, David Wotherspoon, David Templton, probably the only good Scottish youth stars just now, don't think scotland want it.

You are an idiot. Wotherspoon and Templeton yet you forget basically at this moment of time most of Motherwell's squad can currently play for an U23 side - and neither of those two would get into our first XI :thup:

Last I heard nothing has been confirmed with regards to this, until it is SI won't just guess. If its confirmed by the last patch it'll be in I'm sure.

I already have an infraction for discussing the merits of football outside of England so I won't say anymore than that.

a little suggestion here,

Perhaps write an XML code or something that could rename England U21 has Team GB for olympic tournements.

You can already rename teams and would need a new trigger to do it for indivdual compertitions. No expert on this sort of thing but not beyond the relms of possability?

Archived