Reserve asks for move away from club

Kyle Walker, a pretty talented right back at Spurs, has played in 1 pre-season friendly(out of 4) for me, and 2 other reserve fixtures. He's about 20 yrs old, was considering loaning him out, but he comes into the office and we have a barney. In real life, this player could be placated, told he was a big part of the future, and as yet too young to be a part of my first team plans. I'll loan you out etc etc. Instead he says he can't work with me anymore and demands a transfer.

This could have been avoided if SI gave us a middle-road option here. But instead there is really no room to negotiate here, no options or place to manouvre, and as such, we the manager end up saying the opposite of what we would like to say. Please SI, just give us more options in the dialogue department, so we don't have to unrealistically and unnecesarily lose a talented player over nothing. For the most part in football, a youngster would not do this.

Please please listen to the players of this game, because incidents like this really do break the game. It's like being gagged, and it's unnecessary.

Ive seen him nay times and hes a good player but in FM terms, hes probably 30-50 CA behind the current spurs RB and its insane he would expect to be in the 1st team, Ive hand it with a crappy teenage goalie wanting to play ahead of a top 5 goalie in the world.

Theres no appreciation of their competition, perhaps SI should implement it so it doesnt happen when there are players who are a lot, lot better at the club who are ahead in the pecking order.

Exactly. A decent full back cannot demand to be 1st team when there are 3 more experienced full backs ahead of him. Well, he can, but it's unlikely and beside the point. My issue is that the game gives us so little option, or indeed any option to placate a player. We essentially are forced to take the hard and irrational stance with every player. It's imperative to the game's success to have atleast a middle ground option in player interactions.

Archived