FM11 transfer issue?

I took over as Dover manager just to try out the new features before the full game comes out and i was suprised with a transfer deal i was able to do.

The player in question was Gauthier Mahoto, a very promasing 18 year old Frenchman. I offered a Part Time contract of 450p/w but alot of top clubs were also after him. I offered the contract anyway, not expecting anything to happen.

But i then get a news item saying that Gauthier rejected contracts from Bolton(EPL) and Monaco (French Ligue 1) to sign for me at Dover (Blue Square Bet South). I can't understand why any player would want to drop that far down when clubs like that have offered what must have been full time contracts on alot more money.

Is this a bug/issue or am i missing something?

Yeah i can understand that, but if Premier League and top French League clubs are after him, surely he would be able to get 1st team football at League One level at least. And looking at his stats, could easly walk into a League One starting lineup, maybe even Championship sides.

Yeah i can understand that, but if Premier League and top French League clubs are after him, surely he would be able to get 1st team football at League One level at least. And looking at his stats, could easly walk into a League One starting lineup, maybe even Championship sides.

He could, you are right. It just depends what he wanted really. If you offered him a contract first. He may be loyal and decided that he wanted to join you.

Archived