FMH 2011 - Which team are you going to be in your first game?

Hi guys. I have always been a FM on PC player - since the early Champ Manager days. Both my laptops have died so I can no longer play it :( I'm seriously thinking of getting a psp just so I can play football manager. How good is the handheld version? my particular worries are that the database will be poor and unimaginative and the game will be easy or unrealistically up and down like some of the old Champ managers. please let me know about your experiences and thoughts.

I really need to play FM soon!!

I'd probably start with someone like Luton just for the challenge!

Hi guys. I have always been a FM on PC player - since the early Champ Manager days. Both my laptops have died so I can no longer play it :( I'm seriously thinking of getting a psp just so I can play football manager. How good is the handheld version? my particular worries are that the database will be poor and unimaginative and the game will be easy or unrealistically up and down like some of the old Champ managers. please let me know about your experiences and thoughts.

I really need to play FM soon!!

I'd probably start with someone like Luton just for the challenge!

Ok - sounds like you're in a similar place to where I was a couple of years ago!! I made the move onto PSP after I couldn't afford a new laptop, and also marriage & a baby meant that spending 6 hrs an evening playing FM wasn't an option anymore!! In terms of features, and database I'd say its probably about equal to CM3 on the PC - there isn't a great deal of manager/player interaction options, and the finances are quite basic, although you can offset the wage budget against transfer fee budget. There are a couple of options for requests to the board as well. In terms of playability I have to say that it is up there with the old CM games on the PC, you can blitz through a few games in an evening and pre-match preparation isn't too onerous once you have got tactics, training sorted out. My one gripe with FMH is that during games I find it a bit of a faff if you want to change tactics, or if you have someone sent off and you need to re-position players to plug the gap. As far as the database goes I think its great, although I am generally a lower league team in BSP/L2, so don't tend to look much further than UK/Ireland for my players. I haven't found it too easy myself, although some of the other posts I see on here where people talk about winning the Premiership with Burton Albion as early as 2016 do make me wonder if it is a tad easy. Perhaps it is sometimes a bit easy to sign really good players as well (As Hull City I signed Alex & Joe Cole in my first season?!). What do other on here think?

Archived