Any point being good with money in Fm10?

Not a dig at Fm2010 - I love it.

Just after my 'how badly can you ruin a club' thread, I was wondering with a big club is there any point saving up money, i.e a running a club on the Arsenal model of bringing uip good youngsters etc.

I mean if you save dosh-

- you get hit by the shareholders take

- you get hit by massive tax

- you have to honour loans/debt

If you spank it all then -

- you go into admin and debt gets partly written off

- less tax

- no shareholders payment

- you bring in top players

Just a thought? I usually act very sensibly with my money and try not to waste anything, as I like to run a club at a profit.

Ahhh but if you have tons of cash and are not spending it then are you really losing anything when the game "takes" most of it away at the end of every year in the form of shareholder pay outs or tax?

But when you are skint via overspending or administration it can really hamper any plans you have for the team or even prevent you from landing players you really want, or even keep a hold of players you want to keep.

I think it took me something like 8 seasons to get Rangers from being effectively skint to being the 3rd richest club in the world and being able to compete with the likes of Barca, Man City and the likes for signings (albeit i was editing the SPL's reputation based on european games manualy so that if Scottish teams done well in europe they would attract better players).

I found it a lot more enjoyable than being constantly skint and having to sell players to bring anybody in.

Ahhh but if you have tons of cash and are not spending it then are you really losing anything when the game "takes" most of it away at the end of every year in the form of shareholder pay outs or tax?

But when you are skint via overspending or administration it can really hamper any plans you have for the team or even prevent you from landing players you really want, or even keep a hold of players you want to keep.

I think it took me something like 8 seasons to get Rangers from being effectively skint to being the 3rd richest club in the world and being able to compete with the likes of Barca, Man City and the likes for signings (albeit i was editing the SPL's reputation based on european games manualy so that if Scottish teams done well in europe they would attract better players).

I found it a lot more enjoyable than being constantly skint and having to sell players to bring anybody in.

8 seasons from skint to third richest in the world? It's a little bit too easy to make money once you qualify for Europe.

Yeah I've always gone for the option for being finacially sound, just pains me when the tax man and shareholders take huge chucks of my cash.

Oddly at the moment my Man Utd team are losing around £2m a month, yet the wage spend is only £478k p/w, debt/loan payments are £690k, we aren't in Europe though, curse those 'other' costs and ground maintainence, which are millions a month. Still with sponsorship and season ticket sales the bank balance rockets at the start of each season.

Archived