Analyzing specific player traits/peformances. Am I missing something?

Recently I've started replaying a game with AC Milan, just before FM 2011 because it helps pass the time. However my season ended in shambles thanks to messy defending. Now I have world class center backs and a world class keeper along with Milan's traditionally high tackling/workrate/teamwork midfield, but I still got destroyed through the middle, with most of the 38 goals that I conceded coming through the middle of my defense. I'm guessing the problem must be the DM then since I play a 4-1-2-1-2 formation with a deep-laying play-maker.

Here's where the problems start though. I can't find ANY WAY of telling me how Pirlo performed in the tackling department! He's a great deep lying play-maker but has rubbish tackling. Was his performance in defense the bane of my poor season? Is it worth offloading my best passer (most assists, high pass completion rate) for an anchor man to help me concede less? Is there any way to compare Pirlo's tackling with the rest of the league? I haven't found it yet. Has this been added into FM2011?

Similarly I was playing a game in a lower league and my star midfielder (according to my ass man) had 7 tackling. Now I like my midfielders to tackle properly and I found that advanced play-makers in a 4-4-2 formation rarely work but, at this moment, there's no WAY for me to find out if my midfielder's 7 tackling is good, decent or bad in that league! It would be great to have a tool that allowed me to compare a specific stat (tackling) against the average stat in the whole league for that position (i.e. the average tackling rating for all midfielders in said league).

Thoughts?

I know... I just thought I missed something and I could analyze their traits separately against a league average. This feature should really be included in the game. While I know that Pirlo is a poor tackler and I need some extra ooomph in my midfield Tasotti fails to realize this ALL THE TIME!

Archived