MAC users discrimination !

Hi,

I'd like to buy the game to download it on release day.

I'm a MAC user, and i see that ALL the digital downloads (except Steam, i think) are PC only.

Can someone explain me why ?

I don't want to buy it from Steam, because the price is a scam (50 euros, double the price of the box version).

But from all the sites that offer digital download, none has a MAC version, if i'm not worng.

I've checked, Play, Game, DLGamer,FMsite, etc...

I'd really appreciate if someone could tell me where i can buy the mac digital download version for a reasonable price (not Steam's 50 eur) ??

Thank you very much !!

Don't take this as absolute truth, but I belive you can take your CD-key from just about any of those sites and enter it into Steam to download it from there. I know that's what I'm planning to try with my Direct2Drive order.

Play, Game don't do digital downloads.

Nest time check before talking. Because even if it was true, it was Useless and unhelpful !!

To all the others really willing to help:

last year i bought the DVD version from amazon and i received it in 10 days !

That's why i want to find a place to download it on the release day.

Can someone from Sega please confirm me that the ONLY way to have a digital download for MAC is vis Steam ??

And if so, why is there such a huge discrimination for mac users?

The DVD version is both for PC and MAC, so why don't they just put an image of it to the download sites, instead of putting only PC versions ??

Thanks in advance !!

Thanks ! But i've already check it, and the only MAC option is Steam...

Havn't been here for a while, but the previous versions have also been available through eSellerate for Mac, as well as Steam.

Thanks !! This year they're not selling it, they still have football manager 2010 there.

The threader should consider himself really very lucky if SI decided to produce a Mac version too.

MACs are good knick-knacks to put on top of the Xmas tree.

USELESS and Unhelpful answer...Some people have just too much time.

Since the boxed version is both Mac/PC compatible, will the digital distribution versions not be the same?

i.e. both installers packaged? Assuming you still get a cd-key with the game, assumedly you can use that to activate on steam and download via that.

I have to admit we do discriminate in favour of the 95%+ people who play our game on PC. I guess the reason is obvious...

Digital distribution of games for Mac is miles behind the PC as far as I'm aware (Steam have just added it this year which will hopefully change that) - and to produce separate builds for all of the digital partners is already a huge challenge for a small studio like SI. We have to focus on getting the best possible return for our resources I'm afraid and that means focusing on the more popular SKU.

It sounds hackneyed, but supporting the existing mechanics is the best possible way to drive us to consider more in future.

Sorry for confirming the bad news.

Cheers

Matt

Don't take this as absolute truth, but I belive you can take your CD-key from just about any of those sites and enter it into Steam to download it from there. I know that's what I'm planning to try with my Direct2Drive order.

I'm not certain, but I wouldn't bet on that at all.

Hi,

I'd like to buy the game to download it on release day.

I'm a MAC user, and i see that ALL the digital downloads (except Steam, i think) are PC only.

Can someone explain me why ?

I don't want to buy it from Steam, because the price is a scam (50 euros, double the price of the box version).

But from all the sites that offer digital download, none has a MAC version, if i'm not worng.

I've checked, Play, Game, DLGamer,FMsite, etc...

I'd really appreciate if someone could tell me where i can buy the mac digital download version for a reasonable price (not Steam's 50 eur) ??

Thank you very much !!

http://www.greenmangaming.com/games/football-manager-2011/

Was listed on the official Footballmanager site as a pre-order place.

The purchase page also states it needs steam to be installed. So maybe check them out.

This is not the thread to discuss the respective merits of Macs versus PC's. Please stop.

Exactly !!

As i said before, many people around here, have too many free time.

Anyway, please just post here if you CAN really help with my request, as i'm sure it will also help MANY other mac users who want to play FM the same day as PC users.

if you want on the day release, try to pre-order it. It is not the first time that I received a dispatched mail from Amazon two to three before release day, so that you receive your item on release day, like anyone that goes to store and buy one.

if you want on the day release, try to pre-order it. It is not the first time that I received a dispatched mail from Amazon two to three before release day, so that you receive your item on release day, like anyone that goes to store and buy one.

Yes, that's what i'll probably do. The problem is, a si said before, lat year i pre-ordered from amazon and received i 10 days after release (i live in Spain).

Archived