Too many lobbed goals?

Was going to post this in the match engine feedback thread but I might have been jumping the gun a bit.

One thing I 've noticed in the demo is the amount of goals I score with audacious high lobs when one on one. I seem to be scoring one of these every few matches which isn't very realistic, even more so when you consider the quality of players in my Farnborough team :)

Anyone else noticed this?

Was going to post this in the match engine feedback thread but I might have been jumping the gun a bit.

One thing I 've noticed in the demo is the amount of goals I score with audacious high lobs when one on one. I seem to be scoring one of these every few matches which isn't very realistic, even more so when you consider the quality of players in my Farnborough team :)

Anyone else noticed this?

Yes I have noticed this a lot. Im playing as Man Utd and at the end of the demo, Rooney has 21 goals in 22 games and about 10 if not a few more have been lobs when one on one. Im yet to see anyone go round the keeper though.

Yes I have noticed this a lot. Im playing as Man Utd and at the end of the demo, Rooney has 21 goals in 22 games and about 10 if not a few more have been lobs when one on one. Im yet to see anyone go round the keeper though.

I've seen this a number of times. Also PaulC says its being tweaked up for the next ME version anyway.

Lobs, not seen too many. Maybe a little more than usual but nothing like you boys say you're getting.

I haven't seen a lob yet :( I am missing out! Whenever Kitson/Nugent come one on one, they just spank it! Aha!

Oh, nice seeing you here edgar, keeping away are we? I think not ;)

There was a demo patch added to the MAC versions. Addressed one or two issues.

No it wouldnt. They are exactly the same. The MAC version was a beta version of the game that got released. All the patch did was make the game exactly how it should have been in the first place (the same as the other versions)

Take a glance at the youtube thread. Majority are lobs.

Oh dear...

Yeah, people aren't just uploading every goal, they are uploading the best goals they have scored.

Hence why a lot of them are long range screamers and lobs, this isn't just the only type of goal they are scoring!

Oh dear...

Yeah, people aren't just uploading every goal, they are uploading the best goals they have scored.

Hence why a lot of them are long range screamers and lobs, this isn't just the only type of goal they are scoring!

Oi. I was going to say that :mad:;)

Oh dear...

Thanks for stating the blindingly obvious brainiac. Point was, majority are lobs.

Why the need for 'oh dear'?

cretin.

Oh dear...

I uploaded a lob goal, because I thought it was rather funny.

It's the only lob goal I've seen yet, and I've played a dozen hours or so and seen hundreds of regulation goals (if there's such a thing :D )

Thanks for stating the blindingly obvious brainiac. Point was, majority are lobs.

cretin.

No need to call him a cretin, thats just needlessly abusive.

If it was so blindingly obvious why are you posting the you tube thing as relevant or proof there are too many lobs?

Some people need to learn some manners.

I haven't seen any lobbed goals myself, but judging by the youtube highlights people are putting up, there seems to be quite a lot of them. Hopefully the match engine tweaks to keeper positioning for the release day patch will help this.

Question to people that are seeing a lot of lobs - are there also lobs that go just over/wide? or do too many lobs tend to go in?

cretin.

Oh dear...

Your point isn't valid whatsoever.

What edgar said really.

If it was so blindingly obvious why are you posting the you tube thing as relevant or proof there are too many lobs?

Needlessly agressive? Odd, seemed accurate.

Can we please stick to topic please? Manners and all?

Have created 3 save games with different teams and have experienced a lot of lobbed goals. Can't say I've had many against me though. Seem to be all from my side. I currently play the standard 442.

Needlessly agressive? Odd, seemed accurate.

Can we please stick to topic please? Manners and all?

Have created 3 save games with different teams and have experienced a lot of lobbed goals. Can't say I've had many against me though. Seem to be all from my side. I currently play the standard 442.

Stick to the topic? My post was on topic, you were the one who started throwing insults around. I've also highlighted the appropriate word in my post, I clearly wrote abusive. Not aggressive. Still if the hat fits and all that.

I also feel the need to point out that Tyoldinho is anything but a cretin, a Pompey fan but not a cretin. He's a good poster on these forums and doesn't deserve to be abused because he highlighted a flaw in your argument.

Archived